Monday, May 18, 2015

Real Quick

Thought that are jumbling in my head that need to get out in no particular order…


We had an open house for our home Saturday.  It was rainy and windy and gross weather wise.  A few people came, but not a lot.  Blah.  We also dropped the price of our house to $84.6 a square foot.  After realtor fees we won't even break even for what we have into the house…if we get a full price offer (ha ha).  Sometimes I wonder why I'm even going through this torture.  It stinks to sell a house.

I've been working with Carter's new diabetes educator.  I LOVE her.  I've been sending her Carter's food/blood sugar/insulin diary for about four days at a time and then she sends me back any changes.  Carter's number are considerably better and running close to 100-120 all the time.  Happy Day!  (we won't mention the two evenings of lows in the 50s.  Those are scary and really pain in the you know what.)

Steve and I are leaving town this weekend for a few days.  His mom is gracious enough to come and watch the kids at our house while we are gone.  This is the FIRST vacation we have taken together that has absolutely nothing to do with dental stuff or family reunions.  I think Steve is even more excited than I am.  I'm including in my prayers this week that everyone at home (an abroad) will be healthy and happy.

The rental space at our office has rented (leased signed and everything) finally and I can't believe what a relief it is.  Our dental building is big…as is the mortgage…and having half of the building paying for itself will be blissful.  The interior buildout starts this week and the rent checks should start in about five or six months.  I'm thinking Steve might sleep a little better now that this is in the works.

With my calling, I feel I'm subject to know more of the heartache that goes on in our ward.  It's not that I'm privy to extra information, but I'm more aware of needs and it weighs on my mind and is in my prayers more than before.  Somedays I often think that being an adult and knowing about adult problems isn't all its cracked up to be.  Fortunately, with the knowledge of pain and trials come the knowledge of the outpouring of service and love that the members of my ward provide for one another.   My good friend and relief society president has said, "It's hard not to love someone when you see what they do for others."  She is right.  I'm grateful for my opportunity to experience and learn from others' service.  I'm learning really quick that I am an infant when it comes to service and loving others.  I have a lot to learn.

Only two and a half more weeks of school.  What in the world am I going to do with all these crazy kids at home for three months???

No comments:

Post a Comment