Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Happiness, projects, and overwhelming cuteness.

 Spring is the BEST and part of that includes my many obsessive trips to local nurseries.
My favorite place the last few years is Southern Idaho Landscape center on the road to Filer.  (maybe it has to do with the fact that there are no stoplights between my house and the nursery.  Hmmm…)

I've visited at least four times in the last month and even if I don't purchase anything, I love just being there and enjoying the flowers.  Flowers make me really really happy, hence why my yard is beginning to look like it belongs to an 80 year old woman.  I'm now (yet again) the crazy flower lady. 
 My youngest two love running around the nursery and seeing all the garden animal statues…and they beg my every time to buy one.  Sorry kids.

Grady posed for this one.

Cute kids in a fun happy place.

This may not make Andrew happy, but it makes me and my parents happy that Andrew is willing to work.  The official lawn mowing at my parents house has begun and last week was especially awful with the cottonwood trees in full bloom.  Andrew could hardly breathe and seeing wasn't much easier.  I'm hoping this is building character…just like it did when I was his age and riding the same mower. 

Steve started and finished a huge project this weekend and as you can tell from this picture he pulled some late hours and worked by car headlight.

Colby and Carter put in their fare share of work by hauling paving stones and sweeping sand.

Hurray!  The fire pit is finished!

We have some more rock to move and mulch to add…but the pit is finished and we are ready to roast some marshmallows!


Nasty picture, but cutting the boys' hair is a project in itself.
Steve on top of everything else cut four head of hair this last weekend too.  He's a keeper.

Now to the cuteness part of this post.
Grady loves all things he can push around outside and all things tractors.
The construction at the end of our street is all too tempting.  

And he says prayers every night too.
The cuteness is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment