Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early.  Around 5:45 actually.  I was still on Idaho time and sleeping in wasn't working.  It was totally frustrating.  We got up, got ready and were ready to drive the 20 minutes to church with ample time…about an hour of time to spare to be truthful.  About 10 minutes into our drive I started looking up quick-cares.  I hadn't been feeling fantastic since we got on the plane and by Sunday morning I knew if I didn't get help I would be in trouble.  We showed up at the quick care 10 minutes before they opened.  $300 later I was out the door with antibiotics.  We have fantastic insurance, just not in Hawaii.   
Church was great.
My antibiotics were great.
Life went on.


Even though I didn't feel wonderful, we continued with our plans to hike the Waihee Ridge Trail.
The views were spectacular and the trail extremely muddy.  It wasn't crowded, but the trail had a constant stream of hikers coming up and down.  I started counting how many people looked as if they had fallen and the number wasn't comforting. 

We chose our steps carefully and made sure we took pictures for the kids so they would know how adventurous we were.

It was ridiculously beautiful.





We didn't hike as long as we would have if I hadn't been feeling crappy.
But we came down safe and mud free…at least from the ankle up.


We drove back into civilization and treated ourselves to some Hawaiian shaved ice.
Please excuse the lame picture with the bud light in the background. It was the only place we could sit.
Our drive back to our hotel was over an hour because of holiday traffic.  The road winds along the coast on the south western side of Maui.  It's a beautiful drive and traffic was stop and go for miles because of people looking at the surfers.  I sadly slept most of the drive.  I couldn't sleep in to save my life, but every time I got in the car I was fast asleep.  My 80 year old woman came out in Hawaii.  Must be a sign I need to retire there. 
We grabbed dinner at Maui Taco and at a BBQ place close to our hotel.  We ate on the balcony of our room and then went down watch the sunset around 7.
The waves were huge and loud and the entire scene was breathtaking. 


I think I could get used to this place.

Confession- it got dark and I went to bed at 8pm.  Seriously…I'm old.



No comments:

Post a Comment