Monday, November 9, 2015

braces and water polo

Monday morning last week Carter went to his Uncle Dixon's office and got braces.
Can I say how lucky (and kind of bratty) I feel because we are fortunate to have an uncle straightening my kids' teeth.  Talk about a HUGE blessing that I DO NOT take for granted.  Thanks Spencer!!
 
It was also our first snowfall of the year which made for a cold and exciting morning.
Carter has been a trooper even though I know his mouth has been killing him this last week.
Sore teeth are not fun.
He's been told if he wears his rubber bands he could have them off in 18 month.  Braces done before high school...awesome!

What else is awesome?  -my mom and her mad sewing skills.  She is currently working on my nieces baptism quilt.  It is fantastic and is keeping mom really busy.

I've been working on a few projects of my own that involve some really awesome photographs.

Pictures like this are priceless.  Maybe that is why I work so hard at getting family pictures all the time.
One day my kids with LOVE them.

Among other projects, it was that time of year again last weekend.
Andrew competed at State swimming with a water polo tournament afterwards.

In honor of State, Andrew decided to shave his legs to cut down on drag.
(If you could see my face you would know I was laughing my head off just typing that last sentence.)
 Please note the cute pink razor in his hand.  Pink is the only color I had to give him.

This is the face I got when I told him I was going to post this picture on Instagram.
...I didn't but thought long and hard about it.

Steve took Andrew to Boise Friday morning and then kept me posted on Andrews results.
This is the scoreboard after his 100 breaststroke.  Andrew (lane 3) won his heat,  took three seconds of his best time, and went from being 36 in rank to 23.  Not bad for a Friday afternoon!!  He also took 6 seconds off his 500 breast stroke.  Rightfully so, Andrew was THRILLED with his results.

Andrew didn't make times to swim in the finals on Saturday, but had a water polo tournament Saturday afternoon.  It is crazy stressful for me to watch Andrew play.  Its fast and violent...but he loves it.

Andrew made the A team this year and was excited.   He told me he wouldn't play much in the game, but did his best when he was put in.  He played at least a quarter both games in the tournament.  They won their first match against BK, but lost to Mountain View.
State water polo is coming up the first week in December.  I'll have to grow my nails long so I'll have something to bite during his games.

 
 Barrett Humble, Michael Ashby, Andrew and Aidan Humble.
These boys are all in our ward and make up 2/3 of our Canyon Ridge boys swim team.

While Steve and I attended Andrew's matches, my sister JaNae graciously watched the rest of my crew.  They weren't bored to say the least. 

JaNae sent me this picture...hilarious.

And this picture too.
My kids always have a spectacular time at Aunt JaNaes!


  
In house news, we spent some time looking for appliances.  We found a fridge at Lowes that we really liked and luckily it was the floor model, so we got it on sale.  Whew.  Refrigerators are really expensive.!
I was a little disturbed by the Kohler BIG Deal advertising that was all over the plumbing department.  I feel it was an unfortunate use of words...that or I've lived with questionable plumbing for the past four months and am sensitive to such things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment