Saturday, November 21, 2015

Colby my violinist

Sometimes I feel my darling middle child gets neglected.
Colby is my happy go lucky-go with the flow kind of guy...and sometimes I feel he gets left out of the family limelight.  
He's been my most independent child so far and often is self sufficient in many things.  This being the case I wonder if he gets the attention and recognition he deserves.
I mean really, what nine year old gets up by himself at 6 am everyday, gets dressed, fixes breakfast, and fixes his own lunch before I get out of bed?  He's dreamy.
So for today, I think my Colby Colbs deserves his own post!

This afternoon Colby had a violin recital.  
His pieces were Gabotte by A. Thomas and Pax by C. McMichael.
Seriously, the cutest violinist I ever did see.

 
Tuning up with Sister Call.

Gavotte
Colby performed his solo piece with ease and didn't act nervous in the slightest.
I couldn't have been prouder.

 Pax was his next piece and was a group number.
To the right is his cousin Annie and two girls to the left is Meg.
It's so fun to see him play with these older girls.  
I had to take this picture as he was
1. the only boy 
and 
2. definitely the shortest violinist.
It was funny to watch.

His cousins are much more advanced in their violin abilities, and I so appreciate how patient and helpful they are with Colby.  He is lucky to have such wonderful cousins.  Man we love them!


Colby you did a beautiful job today and I'm so grateful I was able to hear you play. 
Thanks for being you Colby!  I'm one lucky mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment