Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween

Halloween day Andrew and I spent our time at the pool here in Twin for Andrew's district meet.  We came home tired and sick of the humidity.  Andrew did great and improved his times.  He has state swimming this next weekend in Boise.
But I digress…Halloween.
After the meet, I got busy and got kids ready for trick or treating.

Saylor and Colby truly loved their vampire costumes and played the part well.

Colby especially loved being bad.

I had an adorable black bat cape for Grady, but he would only wear it for about 2 minutes while I took pictures.  Silly boy.

                         
Carter was all about the Darth Vader costume this year.  My mom provided the most amazing cape along with arm bands and boot covers.

The crew minus Andrew.

This is as festive as Andrew got this year.
Being 15 takes all the fun out of Halloween!

Grady was an adorable bat even if it was only for a few minutes.

Saylor practiced her "hiss" all day.

Im mad I didn't get more pictures of the back of the costumes.
Carter's cape was fantastic, was the perfect length and billowed just like the real Darth Vader's.
Saylors costume had the most adorable back to it.  It had layers and layers and she loved to hold it up like a (scary vampire) princess. Best $20 I've spent at Costco in a while.

The best part of Colby's costume was his teeth.
At the last minute, Steve took Colby to the office and shaped some fangs out of composite.
Colby was in heaven. (But sadly, he couldn't eat anything as the fangs kept his other teeth from touching.  He didn't eat one piece of candy!)


He wouldn't even try to gum the garlic bread at the Bulkley's Halloween dinner.
He played the vampire role very seriously.

 After dinner, Jeff Bulkley loaded up his trailer and the kids went out to beg for candy.
This is my kids' favorite tradition!!    They get pulled all over our neighborhood and some surrounding neighborhoods and come home with oodles of candy.

We live (or will again in three months) in the best neighborhood!

Grady wanted nothing to do with Halloween and demanded to sit in the back of the Land Cruiser and drive behind the trailer with Steve.
I stayed at the Bulkley house and hung out with the other moms.  Best Halloween tradition ever hands down.

The spoils were great.

The sugar was fantastic.

My kids are getting an awesome childhood experience.
I love where we live and LOVE the people we are friends with.


It wouldn't be a post without a house update.
The siding was finished up last week.
I can't wait to see it painted.
My house is cute…and I'm going to love it!

My tub came last week too.
Its bigger than I thought!  

No comments:

Post a Comment