Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Brave Ones

We traveled last weekend to Heber Utah for Steve's Trapnell family reunion.  It was crazy fun.
Because it was held at the Heber valley church camp, many fun exciting things were included in the price of camping. 
One such being...the giant swing.

All my boys were brave and decided to test  it out.









However...

this little man (all 27 pounds of him) was definitely the BRAVEST.


Here he is right before he pulled the strap to release the swing.
Um...that is a dang tall tree
...and a really small Colby.


Here is his frail little body being tossed in the wind.
Notice the smile...and the absence of fear.

Steve and I better watch out.  I think we might have thrill seeker on our hands.
(I am NOT telling him anything about the ladder under Perrine Bridge or a little thing called Pillar Falls.  No-Sir-Ree!)


Oh yeah, I tried it too.

This little miss did not ride the swing thank goodness...and will also not be camping again until she is at least three.  Babies and cabins with 15 other people trying to sleep do not mix.

Sorry Steve for the absence of pictures of you.
I will try harder next time.

1 comment:

  1. That is where we had our Girls Camp this year! I, too, did the swing - so fun. I'm impressed all your boys did it! I had some 12-18-year old girls who were terrified. They all did it, but one little Beehive barely made it off the ground before she pulled the string. The poor girl was in tears before we finished the Challenger Course! I didn't know you could go up there for family reunions - it sounds like fun, except the camping with a baby part (at least you were in a cabin).

    ReplyDelete