Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happenings

So in the past few days...

-Saylor started crawling.  She has been rocking on all fours for the past week and spinning in circles on her stomach.  And then yesterday, she took three little crawling scoots (one leg was tucked under) while the rest of us were eating dinner.  AHHHH!  I really am not ready for a mobile baby.  My house is a baby danger nightmare.  ...one more thing to add to the "must do" list.

-Andrew has strep, yet again.  I'm amazed how fast it can put him down for the count.  102 fevers, stomach ache, sore throat and headache are all part of the deal.  Thank you Dr. Brown for having an opening this afternoon.  Thank you also Target Pharmacy for your endless supply of Ammoxacillin- pink happiness in a bottle.

-While at Target waiting for our antibiotics, Andrew and I ventured down the Lego isle.  Um...Legos...on clearance...50% off?  Unheard of!  As Carter would say if he would have seen my cart full of Lego sets- BOO YAH!  Good thing Andrew no longer believes in Santa because Christmas and a few birthday are taken care of!  ...now where to hide eight Lego boxes...

-I've decided that D&B Supply is the best store in Twin Falls...to take kids that is.  The boys had a BLAST today when we stopped in to buy our cat's immunization shot.  (Really???  I have to pay for shots for a cat??  Like I don't have enough little persons to take care of and get shots for???  Now I have to worry about a cat too??  Gee Whiz.)  Anyway, the boys ran a muck in the store looking at bunnies, toy tractors, cowboy boots and whatever else they could try and get us to purchase for their own enjoyment.   Colby did leave the store in a massive tantrum because we would not buy him anything.  (Rotten kid.)  I also left empty handed after I tried on the cutest pair of cowgirl jeans I have ever seen.  They were too long and the detailing on the hem wouldn't allow for altering by my personal seamstress (aka: Mom)...unless I bought a pair of cowgirl boots to match.  I'm tempted...oh so tempted. 

-Andrew is turning ten in a couple of weeks.  For his birthday, besides the massive Star Wars Lego ship I got for a fraction of the original price, I tried something outside my comfort zone and made Andrew a book on Mpix with pictures from this last year.  I should be here in a couple of days and I'm dying to see how it looks.   He's a cute boy, he deserves to be published.




1 comment:

  1. I have lots of hiding places at my house if you need to use them for Christmas!!! I guess I need to go to D&B sometime! Do they sell Diet Coke as your kids run a muck I have my own enjoyment??? I must see these jeans you speak of I just dont believe it!!!!

    ReplyDelete