Thursday, July 8, 2010

My mom talks about when we were little kids that her feet would hit the floor running.  That's how I feel at the moment.  My feet hit the floor running the minute I wake up and they are running until the second I fall asleep.

Despite my constant moving in whatever direction, I feel as if I can not keep up.  And this morning I came to this conclusion.  I, Jill Dixon, can either do one or two things really really well, or...I can do everything I am supposed to do, but they all will be done half a__.  This is frustrating me to no end.

Here are a few of the things I am doing only half a__ at the moment:

Cleaning

Laundry

Carter's summer homework

Gardening

Cooking (Except for the dinner I took into a ward member last night.  That was down right delicious.)

Summer activities. ( I did not take Andrew to swimming the last few days because I didn't want to drive across town twice in one hour.  Pathetic I know.)

Journal writing (aka blogging)

Friends  (I don't talk to or see a soul these days.  It's not on purpose, I just don't have time.)

Grocery Shopping.  (How many days can we live of cheesy chips and peanut butter sandwiches?)

Exercise.  (The one thing I SHOULD be doing for myself goes by the wayside to fit in everything else.)



I'm positive most moms feel this way.

I'm sure ONE day I will become amazing, grow super hero wings, and be able to accomplish everything I want to do in one day.

Until then, I'm going to go dish up myself some more ice cream.  
Eating is the one thing I never ever do half a__.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't feeling overwhelmed such a crazy emotion? I have to bribe myself with chocolate to just keep going!

    Way to not be so Negative-Nancy and acknowledge that you are going the extra mile on one thing! (Like eating salad and/or Kiwi Loco for example you skinny, skinny tramp who I love dearly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I alway have to catch up a few posts on your blog (because I blog half a__ too) and so by the time I come back up to leave a comment I don't know where to start, or even if it is proper etiquette to comment on previous posts. Like does it insult you to say I miss the last 3 posts...so here is what I think? Or do you like that I like that I found all of them interesting and funny and have to tell you I LOVE them? haha. except the squished mouse. haha that was gross. But the kitty is so cute, but I agree with you- cats belong outside. And the family pics are awesome, I love looking at them. Nate said he saw Steve on Sunday and almost ran up and said "my wife is always clicking on your blog" but stopped himself, thank goodness.
    Thanks for the snickerdoodle recipe..Jo and I would always make cookies-- especially those.
    and as for the latest post- I'm there with ya babe. we are living off fritos and pbj's, gross. I think tomorrow is the day. watch out winco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're fantastic and dont do anything half a__!!

    ReplyDelete