Steve brought home a real "beaut" of a car Monday afternoon.
He tried really hard to convince me that he had traded the car for dental work.
I wasn't fooled
(Actually, I thought he was telling me that he traded his car for it. Why in the world would someone trade a Corvette for a '97 Accord???)
But the boys believed him.
The excitement was short lived, however, when we broke it to the boys that Dad had only borrowed the car over his lunch hour.
They took turns taking rides and racing the car down the street.
Might as well enjoy it while you can.
I will never understand why boys love cars like this. It it because they look like the match box cars they grew up with? It it the loud engine? It it the flame-like paint colors? Is it because they think girls are impressed?
I will never understand.
...speaking of other things I will never understand- my almost ten year old son.
Today he froze a pack of tic tacs half submerged in water in the freezer. Random!
He also insists on taking off his shirt whenever he gets the chance. I'm constantly giving him the "put your shirt on right now or else" look. My eyebrows are getting sore from the glares.
Call me crazy, but I think corvettes are UGLY!! Bryce loves them too. I better not show him this post. It might give him the wrong idea. (Like dentists can really afford corvettes!)
ReplyDelete