Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday is a Special Day

We cleaned most of today.

As much as we got accomplished, I know there is always more to do.
I'm trying to have a good attitude about it and not get overwhelmed by attempting to "finish" the laundry.  My children tend to wear clothes everyday so there tends to be more laundry everyday.
If only I didn't have an almost OCD fetish about clean clothes.
I would have a lot less work.
And Colby is catching on almost too well with the clean clothes thing.  He changes his underwear at least three times a day.

To lighten my load and to teach my children how to work, the boys are getting more chores these days.
Carter's newest job is to sort the never ending mountain of laundry.
Here he is "helping."


It is one of Andrew's jobs to empty the dishwasher.  We go through about as many dishes as we do clothes.
Here is his definition of "helping"- if I had asked for him to grease the bowl he would have been spot on.
But alas.


As for Saylor-Girl,
she is only 13 months and can't have chores yet.
But she still takes part in the cleaning process by getting tubbed herself.
(naked baby shots slay me)

Colby is still running a fever and therefore did not help out today.
Unless you count keeping the DVD player running and the couch warm as helping.
I hope he feels better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss you! Thanks for the laugh this morning, it is helping me get through my laundry day today:)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! My kids sort and put their own laundry away and its so great!!! They even wash baseboards and window sills, but that they do for fun! ha ha just kidding, but they do sort all the laundry and hang and fold and put their own away! so great!

    ReplyDelete