Sunday, February 27, 2011

Better Late Than Never

I'm behind on everything lately.  
"Luckily" I have two sick kid-lets and have been forced to have a stay home from church slow-down.
Saylor is down for a very early nap so I'm taking advantage of the free time.  I should be cleaning bathrooms or something truly productive, but this is more fun.

Without further adieu....here are posts that should have been done days or weeks ago.

Last week we had a few warmer days and we ventured outside.
I'm excited for warmer weather and the picture taking possibilities.
I love being able to use a a low ISO number and a fast shutter speed.  Outdoor pictures are much better than indoor- at least when my house is concerned.

 I think Colby could pass better as Steve's sibling than as his son.
This kid is so Dixon it's almost ridiculous.
Even with super chapped lips and a runny nose Colby is the cutest.

Sayor got her first taste of what spring might be.
She ran around like a crazy woman experiencing freedom in the sun for the first time.
Out of hundreds of shots, this one is my favorite.  
Obviously, it was windy...and her hair is getting long.


I'm cracking down on the boys and expecting more help with chores.
This request has been met with mixed results.
Carter is in charge of sorting laundry.  He had the guts to tell me one morning that it was too hard to sort  laundry because he is color blind and can't tell the difference between lights and darks.
Way to exploit your weaknesses Carter.


Last Tuesday, hard work and superior craftsmanship payed off and Steve...oh I mean Andrew...won the Pack 180 Pinewood Derby.
Steve has worked really hard for three years to achieve this honor (once again...I mean Andrew) and as the "Blue Streak" won race after race, Steve's pride (Andrew's) grew greater and greater.
(I don't know if the car is really named the "Blue Streak"...I just named it that for emphasis.)



But no matter who really built this car, I'm proud of my Dixon boys.

Andrew loves his car and will be racing again at District in March.
Steve is already planning for Carter's first car next year and is super happy he has six more cars to build total between Carter and Colby.

...if you want Steve's Derby secrets, it will cost you.


It snowed four or so inches two days ago.
(dang Idaho weather)
The boys played all afternoon in the wintery wonderland.
Saylor stayed inside because of her cold...that and her mother didn't want to go outside with her.
I like to stay warm and dry.
The boys entertained her non-the-less at the kitchen door.
She was mesmerised.

I'm calling the next two pictures "Monkey See, Monkey Do"



Andrew WILL be washing my window as soon as it warms up...both sides.

1 comment: