Monday, February 7, 2011

Girly Pictures


I'm so lucky.
I spent three and a half fun filled days with these two beauties.
I love these girls.

And these three days were spent almost entirely...ok...entirely in huge fancy amazing malls in Phoenix.
I was in my happy place.

 Steve asked what I could do for three days in a mall.
Well...imagine a mall three times the size of anything here in Idaho. 
It had Dillards,  Nordstroms,  Sephora, J Crew, Banana Republic, Aldo, H&M, Victoria's Secret, Ann Taylor and many many many other stores too.  
There are also Outlet malls in Phoenix- good ones.
I wasn't bored once, and I must admit that on Friday we got to the mall around 10:30 am and didn't breathe outside air until 9:00 pm.  This little skinny old French lady practically had to throw us out of her shoe store.

Life is really good with a Dillards shoe department.
(I will be purchasing these shoes at a later date.  I didn't have room in my suitcase and found a sweater I liked more.  I have a thing for prioritising and on line shoe shopping.)


Nordstrom has the best jeans in case anyone was wondering.
I probably tried on 30 pairs.
This picture just shows the the jeans hanging up...it's missing the ones on the floor.
They don't have an item limit in the dressing rooms here.

 Views from the front.

Views from the back.
(I've got to work on my picture taking skills)

 And, yes...we all bought this shirt.

Honestly honestly this was the most fun I have had in a very long time.
I had a massive girly fix and I can be a mom again and happily deal with the messes and stress around here.
The suitcase of new clothes helps too.


And just in case my husband ever thinks these trips are frivolous, here is some knowledge I picked while I was gone.  This trip was so educational it should have been categorized as a 'Mom CE Course' and therefore also be tax deductible. (love you Steve)
Here goes:

Eye cream is nonnegotiable...because the Bobby Brown make up counter lady said so.

Push-up bras are a necessity- no really, they are.

If you are going to shoe shop in Dillards, get a sales lady to carry around all your boxes.  It's better for your back.

Peanut butter cookies count as a healthy breakfast, but only if they are from Paradise cafe.

Diet Pepsi goes really well with that peanut butter cookie.

Lemon pound cake can be scammed for free from Starbucks if you go in late enough.

Two hundred dollar jeans really do feel and fit better than cheaper jeans.  I'm not lying.  But if anyone in my shopping party actually purchased a pair will remain a secret- I will take it to the grave.

The best eyeshadow colors out there only come with inappropriate names such as, "Birthday Suit", "In the Buff" and "Unmentionables"...the rest are too racy to put on a family friendly blog.

If the salesperson (gender can be a little tricky in this store) from Sephora has bright eyeshadow up over his/her eyebrows and hot pink lipstick on his/her teeth...do not, I repeat, do not let him/her do your make up.
And that goes double for the short, long haired salesman reapplying his lipstick.
(love that store...creeped out by the employees)

Sleep is overrated when you are watching stupid romantic movies and giggling with girlfriends.

Bacon and hashbrowns taste ten times better when you don't have to cook or clean up after.

Chocolate really is a food group if you think about it.

If you ever find light tan fabulous cowgirl boots from Aldo on sale...you NEVER pass them up, you just buy them.  (now repeat to self thirty times)

3 comments:

  1. looks so fun i might have to buy those shoes too, dang cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you all plan to grow your hair out together?! I have never seen Alysia or Anneli with such long hair! Cute. Glad you had fun and I want to know who bought the $200 jeans ... was it you, Jill????!? ;)

    ReplyDelete