There were a lot of "bads" today.
Not a bad day overall, but the "bads" reared their ugly heads enough to be mentioned.
Bad Black Eyes
This boy has two black eyes from his conference Sunday battle with the furniture.
(the picture doesn't do it justice)
I don't think he will make the bad decision to run with a blanket on his head ever again.
Bad Manners
Colby on our way to check Carter's blood sugar this morning, walked up to the school secretary's desk and let out a huge belch.
Somebody kill me please.
Bad Attitude
(and because of the bad attitude, there is no picture)
Andrew came home from school wailing about the amount of homework he had and that it would be impossible to finish. His cloudy mood put a damper on most of our evening as he growled and fussed at his brothers, me and the world in general.
We had to have a long discussion about his homework attitude.
He later apologized about being grumpy and lovingly thanked me for helping him.
I believe that Andrew is very intelligent, but struggles with his ability to believe that he can conquer something challenging.
I hope in the future he can have more faith in his wonderful self.
He is an amazing son...I mean really, what 10 year old apologizes for acting frustrated?
A Bad Mess
No Really, A Super Bad Mess
I'm finding it hard to cope in Chaos Land. We are one week from having the basement finished and I'm struggling with the disaster zone that is the rest of my home. Because the basement is a wreck, it seems the general consensus is that the rest of the house can be a wreck too. I've stopped cleaning, the kids stopped caring and Steve, well he's perfect but the house is still messy.
One more week...one more week.
And if the boys' new rooms didn't look this good, I might be found in the corner of one of my messy rooms twitching and mumbling to myself.
But...the beautiful newly painted rooms are inspiring.
So inspiring that I took leftover paint and touched up my upstairs walls this afternoon. It felt so good to have them look new again. Unfortunately in the process, while seeing how beat up they got in 2 1/2 years time, I've realized that we're all slobby wall wreckers.
The only things that outnumbered the dirty fingerprints and dings were the dried boogers.
(One guess: Colby).
And YES...I wiped up the boogers first and did not just paint over them. I'm a slobby wall wrecker, not a pig.
Bad Parenting
Steve gave Saylor this Pepsi to hold at 7:45am.
She carried it around for about an hour caressing it like a doll.
We should be ashamed.
wow. the basement looks awesome. I can smell the fresh paint through the screen. as horrible as this is, I'm so envious. one day!!
ReplyDeleteALSO pound cake also looks REALLY good. I'd love the recipe. love love love it.
Jill it looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteJust a little bit longer!
You are strong and fast like a gazelle. You can do it!
I am quite impressed that you are already doing your basement...some people wait years and years and you are already on top of things. Good job! Plus...it will end one day and you'll be in absolute heaven. Sorry about your day of bads...hate those days. But I did get a good laugh at the Pepsi...quite funny!
ReplyDelete