Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter and other stuff worth mentioning

Well it happened, the Easter Bunny came.  He even got fancy and color coordinated the eggs and candy.  Each of my children were treated to a early morning egg hunt at the crack of dawn Sunday.  Too bad Steve and I slept through the entire festivity.  Exhaustion has that effect sometimes.  It makes you not care about the commercial side of what should be spiritual holidays.  I'm glad that the Easter Bunny really is real, or my children would have been sorely disappointed.

I, however, was disappointed at my ability to get organized Easter morning. I had lofty plans of taking darling pictures of my cherubic children dressed in their Easter duds. (aka. regular church clothes they wore the week before and will wear the week after because their mother is too cheap to buy them new clothes.  Don't judge me, I spent all my extra cash on cabinets and dry wall.)
This is the ONLY picture I took Easter morning. 
 YES, that is my sports bra around my daughters neck.
Lets not even mention her hair not being combed or her lack of cute white sweater that should be covering her trashy too small onesie underneath her dress.  Along with picking my my bra off the floor in my bathroom, she also swiped a semi empty soda can out of the trash and spilled it all down her sweater.  
It was a swell morning.

Easter afternoon was MUCH better. 
We spent it with our Walker family and had a most delicious dinner and fabulous egg hunt.  My mom, as always, breaks out the big guns and had 24+ eggs for each of her grandchildren, everyone of them labeled by name.  The hunt is long, hard and extremely fun.  
(We have video but no still pictures because I forgot my Nikon.  Sorry Mom!  Maybe JaNae can pull off a fabulous Easter hunt blog post!  I failed you!)
After the hunt we had a small frosting filled celebration for my amazing now five year old.
Happy Birthday Colby Love!


Colby's actual birthday was yesterday the 25th. We celebrated last night by letting him choose our fine dining destination.
Much to my chagrin, he chose Arctic Circle...and he ordered...as you can see a PLAIN bun. 
We actually ordered a plain hamburger but then took the meat out.  
My only hope for nourishment with this child is that a little protein juice seeped into the bun before we removed the meat patty.

After our "feast" we headed down to Shoshone Falls.  This spring has been very wet and the falls were SPECTACULAR.  It was raining in the parking lot from the mist.  I have never seen the falls with so much water in my entire 33 years of life.  Usually the entire left half or more of the falls would be dry. I hope my kids realized what they were really seeing.  
Twin is an amazing place to live.  
I'm glad I had my phone to take pictures, but I really want to drive down and shoot the falls with my real camera. 

Saylor unfortunately was not impressed.

Lastly, we went home and celebrated Colby's birthday with Steve's parents.
Once again, I had lofty ideas of celebrating with a fabulous cake and decorations (I was even going to pay a friend to make one her amazing cakes), but I got lazy and procrastinated.  We headed to a large store less than a mile from our house early that morning (the store will not be named on this blog because I detest it with every fiber of my being.  But as a hint, it is full of crazy looking people and rhymes a synonym for flatulence) and bought the makings of a dirt cake- new dump truck included.  I love that five year olds are easily impressed with a mess of cake, pudding and oreos.


But once again, Saylor was not impressed. 
I got crusty looks all night long!

Happy Birthday darling boy.
We love you and love the dynamic you bring to our home.
What you lack in height, you more than make up for in personality and spirit!


1 comment:

  1. Love his cake! Love your fam and am really gonna miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete