For FHE tonight Steve brought home a load of bark and as a family we shoveled it into our west flower beds. The soil is so poor there nothing has grown in the last two years. We decided to put bark in and not worry about growing anything in the future. I'm tired of buying plants that just die.
Nobody was exempt from shoveling or raking. The kids all did well- as it was a small job and was over quickly. I have big plans for the boys this summer and family yard and garden work is going to be a regular part of their daily schedule. They are all old enough to help out with weeding and watering and I'm excited to show them what summers are all about. (My evil side is coming out just thinking about giving my children even a smidgen of the work my siblings and I were expected to do growing up. Mwahh Haa Haa Haa! To be authentic though, I should put in a quarter acre of raspberry bushes. Too bad that would consist of my entire lot.)
Stoic.
Poser.
Thinking outside the box.
There is apparently more than one way to rake bark.
Just to prove that yes, Steve helped.
Cute.
...even if I got her hands in focus and not her face.
...and that hair had some serious spaghetti sauce in it. She wore her bowl as a hat by the end of dinner.
Ever heard of the game Whack-A-Mole?
Typical grumpy face Saylor.
What else is new.
Jill,
ReplyDeleteI love it when you post!
The raspberry bush comment, gave me the shivers! But when it really comes down to it, I would LOVE to have the bushes we slaved over, and the property around it.
Can you imagine doing ALL that Mom did back then? Call me lazy, but I think I would die. Just getting my kids to thoroughly clean the bathroom makes me want to jump in the car and drive off a cliff. :) She is amazing.
You have great kids....but please keep us posted on your slave-driving adventures!
That picture of Saylor is so cute. I love her little hands.
howdy! can you send me another invite to your blog before I cancel this email address? thanks
ReplyDeletewalkerfamily2002@gmail.com