It happened almost three weeks ago, and today is the first day I've been willing to even talk about it, let alone blog about it.
The 2011 Perrine Elementary Science Fair
...and I was the lady in charge.
From the very beginning of asking (begging and pleading) for donations to the very end of taking down tables- I was it.
It's sounds so grown up...so responsible...so NOT ME!
But with TONS and TONS of help from friends, teachers, CSI professors, volunteers and parents (including my own), the science fair was planned, executed and finished.
I even wrote the last thank you notes this evening to sponsors and will be ordering trophies tomorrow morning.
These are both things that should have been done last week- I know- but honestly, honestly I couldn't make myself open the computer files to do it.
I was science fair'd out.
Here are a few images depicting the finished product of all my hard work and the hard work and dedication of the Perrine Elementary students and their parents.
(extra kudos to the parents- science projects are hard work)
The open house Wednesday night for family and friends of all participants.
We had over 85 participants this year.
Carter's first grade project.
Did you know that Up and Up diapers hold the most water without leaking?
Take that expensive Huggies!
Andrew's fifth grade project.
(That pictures on the bottom is of my builder Brett Heider. I told him I wouldn't put his picture on the board. I lied.)
Participants wearing their science fair t-shirts.
Hurray for sponsors donating tons of money!
The back of the shirt.
Adorable.
(Yes...I know that two of the sponsors are related to me. It's easier to ask for money from family I think.)
Andrew earned third place for his grade.
Carter received 1st!
It was really fun because one of his judges was my third grade teacher from Perrine.
She promised our teacher/student relationship didn't influence her decision.
I'm very happy to volunteer my time for a worthy cause such as my own childrens' science fair.
It consumed my life for almost six weeks straight (just ask Steve how fun I was for these six weeks), but I know that next year will go much smoother now that I have some experience.
I also know that because I take on the science fair...I can so NO NO NO to everything else.
I think I should have taken a picture of myself when I got home that night. It would have been a perfect way to end this post...but I was too tired to even get out the camera and I'm sure it would have been too scary to share publicly.
Here's to accomplishing something very big and worthwhile.
Now I have only eight more months before I have to think about it again.
Oh I'm so great that you had so much help! Too bad your grouchy neighbor wouldn't help you at all? I'm horrible1 It turned out so great and I'm sure with my help it would've been a mess! You did a great job! Shout out to th Up an Up diapers too! That's what I use and I think they are the best and thanks to Carter's project I now have proof! YEAH!
ReplyDeleteI would be happy to help you learn to coupon!
ReplyDeleteI would have emailed you but I lost your email somewhere.....Anyway, send me an email at lauralamyers(at)gmail(dot)com and I will start you off right. PS - I know an awesome deal about Huggies....even though they clearly did not work as well as Up&Up. :)
And PS...if you want any Corn Flakes I just happen to know someone who would give you a screaming good deal on some. :)
ReplyDelete