Sunday, May 15, 2011

dandelions and light cycles

Because we are too cheap to have a professional spray our lawn, we have dandelions...and lots of them.
We also have the ugliest brown slow growing grass in the neighborhood, and I truly think the growing brown patch in the back is grubs. 
...but that is another story entirely.

Back to the dandelions.

Last week Steve told Carter he would pay him five cents for every dandelion head he popped off the plants.  As Carter popped, I followed behind and dug out the weeds with a screw driver --rudimentary,  but effective.  (My stained brown hands from this hard labor were disgusting.)

After working for about an hour, I realized that Steve made a gross underestimation of how many dandelion heads were in our lawn.

Carter sorted the heads into piles of twenty.


He then counted the piles.

And finally did a happy dance when he realized he made THIRTY dollars!
I now feel poor.
(That happy dance went away real quick when Steve told Carter he had to put half of the money in his mission savings.)


Other than "saving" for their missions, the boys are still obsessing over anything and everything Tron.
Steve purchased the Tron soundtrack and now my white Toyota "light runner" packs kids to school and back with its own movie theme music. 
Listening to it makes me want to wear a white skintight jumpsuit, wear really dark eye makeup and call myself Gem.
Too bad I cannot claim to have the perfect system- I think all white would accentuate my non perfectness.

 Here are some examples of their Tron artwork.  They have been begging me to put examples of their drawings on my blog forever!
They are hanging on each of their bulletin boards (Carter pronounces it billitin board) in their rooms.
Carter

Colby
(He's barely five.  I'm impressed.)

Andrew- top view.

Andrew- side view.
 The light cycle that looks different, Andrew calls "vintage."
Where in the world did that kid learn the word vintage?


And if Saylor had theme music, it would go something like this...
'
"I feel pretty, oh so pretty..."

My favorite shot...taken right before she tasted soap and burst into tears.
Soap does not taste pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment