You officially know it is spring in Idaho when:
1. Your newly washed windows of three hours get rained on.
2. You sport your first farmer tan...oh, I mean burn.
3. You purchase new bark to replace the bark that blew away in the last wind storm.
4. Your car smells like potting soil.
5. The kids and you dance like third world children around your garden faucet because the pressurized irrigation has been turned on and you now have WATER!
6. Your lawn looks as if a pack of wild dogs used it for their toilet. (Lawn aeration turds are not pretty.)
6. Homework and responsibility have gone out the rain spattered window. Shouldn't school be over by now?
It's spring and we are enjoying. I spent almost four hours outside today replacing bark and starting my garden. My arms are burned, my back hurts and even though I've showered, I can still smell dirt.
Bring it on!
13 years ago
Wish we were putting all that hard work into our house this year! I guess thats what last year was for! Now with us moving you will be the yard on the street! I'm so giving arent I? Will miss all of our great late nights outside with the kids running rampid, chats on the porch and unannouced visitors without a sense of humor! You guys are so great! sniff sniff!!
ReplyDelete