Sunday, May 22, 2011

tents, lows, kites, princesses and inapropriate public displays of affection

It was fathers and sons this weekend and Steve took the boys.  They actually tent camped this year instead of living in the lap of luxury with the Dixon's airstream.  Andrew can now pass off one more requirement on his way to his arrow of light award for scouts.   If...you can count borrowing the fancy Costco tent from Steve's parents that sets up with one hand "camping."

Carter had a bad low last night starting around 9 pm.  After 20 carbs of juice, he only came up to 65 after 15 minutes.  When I woke him for the second time and told him he needed to drink more for me, he sat up, opened his eyes and brought his hand up to his mouth as if he was holding a can of juice and acted out drinking...more than once.  This all happened without him actually holding the can of juice.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Steve has bought yet another set of toys for him and his kids.  We are now the proud owners of power foil kites that require steering to fly.  They are amazing kites and the kids (Steve) love them.  We have the perfect open field behind our house and the almost constant Twin Falls wind providing all the power.  Power enough to drag Steve across the field tonight- he ended up on his back to keep from being drug any further.  And here I thought my kids were the only ones to produce bad grass stains.  I guess this is why I have laundry detergent.

My daughter has taken the title Princess to a new level.  I think Steve and I are going to have to "check" her before it gets any worse.  (Can it get worse?)  I knew I had reached my "princess" tolerance level when Steve had her in the bike trailer tonight driving her around like she was in a horse drawn carriage.  She was sitting all proper like as she pointed and whined which way she wanted Steve to take her.   This is getting ridiculous, but very adorable.  But to not encourage her behavior any further, I think all Cinderella type movies are going to be out out out.

I was shocked to hear that my five year old made a spectacle of himself in primary today.   Not that spectacles for Colby are a new thing.  The-under the playground leave a part of himself- spectacle from last summer is still fresh in my mind.  However, I think multiple primary teachers were shocked and horrified this morning as Colby "made-out" with his girlfriend Sydney on the front row in sharing time.  We're talking full mouth kissing here.  However innocent five and four year old kissing sessions are,  they are still inappropriate-especially in church.  (Heaven help me!)  I sat Colby on the couch after church today and explained to him how kissing Sydney on the mouth is not something he should do.  It's kind of like wearing your swim suit to church- not acceptable.  To my surprise, Colby burst into tears- rolling down his face and soaking his tie kind of tears.  "But it's not fair Mom!  I love Sydney and I want to kiss her!"   I'm having chest pains thinking about what the future is going to bring with my "I'm a lover not a fighter" little Colby.   In the mean time, the line in the movie Dan in Real Life is describing how I am feeling tonight.  "I am a murderer of love."

1 comment:

  1. colbs! i can't believe it, that's pretty cute though.

    ReplyDelete