Sunday, May 8, 2011

Is it bad?

Is it bad to admit Mother's day was a little underwhelming?
It wasn't bad per say...but very...whatever.

I was waiting for my red carpet...or my house to be magically cleaned...or for my husband to sweep me off to some fabulous warm (not windy) location.  
But alas, today was like any other Sunday as a mother.
...get four kids ready for church by myself.
...daughter falling off bench in middle of primary song in sacrament meeting and crying like a wailing banshee.
...left overs for dinner because I was too lazy to make something wonderful.
...kids being normal kids.
...me being a normal mother.

I told Steve tonight that I hope his Father's Day will be as rewarding as my Mother's Day has been.
(insert collective gasp over my rude frankness here)

It's life and I'm getting over it.
(But I reserve the right to be bitter today.)


But in other news:

Saylor went to nursery by herself for the first time today.  She won't be 18 months for a few more weeks, but Steve put her in today as we both had to be in classes and the little miss did perfect.
I told Steve it was time to have another one because I have a hard time sitting through Relief Society.
He wasn't amused.
I'm not amused that my daughter is getting so big.  Boo.


I'm so over school.
I even lost Carter's homework this week- honestly, no idea where it is.
...and I could give a whip.
I'm ready for my kids not to have homework and/or bedtimes.

Saylor's new nickname is ATB standing for All Terrain Baby.
Her climbing skills are extraordinary.
But, I'm not loving being her human jungle gym.
(I'm sure half the people at church saw my unmentionables today because I couldn't get Saylor from climbing all over me and pulling up my skirt.  And when she finally got off of me is when she fell off the bench.)

It's official.
I'm addicted to fruit flavored tootsie rolls and Cafe Rio chips.  

1 comment:

  1. I love how brutally honest you are. Every mother's day, I am irritated and disappointed because I'm expecting my family to all of a sudden stop and appreciate everything I do...ya right! I guess that's what it means to be mom no matter what day it is. At least we can appreciate the hard work we see each other doing and what awesome moms we all are (or are trying to be :) while we're waiting for our kids to be all grown-up enough to appreciate us (as we become devastated because we no longer have to deal with the daily dirt and grime of being moms).It really is a wonderful, cruel job we have. So, Happy Mother's Day Jill! Suck it up because we will miss this crazy life one day.

    ReplyDelete