I really need to get my camera out and take pictures, but it hasn't happened.
Nothing much around here is happening either...and I feel this is a good thing.
School starts in two weeks and these last two weeks are the first weeks we won't have swimming or music lessons all summer. Bliss.
I'm planning on sleeping in and spending some serious time in my pj's.
I wish I could say I will be cleaning out closets and drawers, but I'll probably be watching netflix and baking brownies. I'm keeping my expectations low. Why stress myself out with goals I won't accomplish and just feel bad about later?
(Ok, maybe I could clean out my utensil drawer, it is getting a little ridiculous.)
With that...here are a few things that happened last week and/or are coming up that I had/will have to get out of my pj's for.
Steve, Carter and I drove to Idaho Falls Saturday for Carter's endocrinologist appointment. Carter's doctor is happy with Carter's blood sugar numbers and told us we are one of the top three patients for control in Carter's age group. I'll take that compliment and dance on top of it! I hope we continue to find success in diabetes...success meaning kicking its royal rumpola. It was also nice to drive to IF and back with just Carter and Steve. Steve's mom took the other three kids for the day and she was truly appreciated. The kids love being with her and spending time at her home. (They also love fleecing her by eating her candy drawer down to crumbs.) I was proud of Andrew as he mowed her lawn while he was there. He is growing up so fast and becoming as responsible as a 12 year old can be. He makes me proud.
While we were in IF, we stopped by a Toyota dealership (just for fun) and I drove a '08 Land Cruiser .(just for fun)
Um...crap...I think I want one.
Too bad I do not have the $47,000 to pay for it!!!!
(yes...that's $47,000, not $4,700 for a used car with 60,000 miles on it.)
After driving it, I can see why it was $47,000. It was freakishly awesome. And after having our Acadia have the problems it has had...it's still in the shop in Mountain Home by the way, a reliable car that has stood the test of time looks pretty tempting. (even one that only gets 12 miles to the gallon)
Too bad I would have to sell my home and my first born to make the payments.
I don't think I should test drive expensive vehicles any more, even just for fun. They are oh-so-too tempting. I was not raised to pine after fancy cars.
I was raised to live the motto, "You are NOT what you drive!" compliments of my oh-so-frugal father. As much as I agree with that, I can feel the itch to scratch that motto into something that goes like..."You are not what you drive, but having an amazing black vehicle with perfectly comfortable leather seats that you don't ever have to worry about breaking down and that you can keep for the next two decades most likely won't kill you...just saying."
(Please don't tell my dad I just wrote that!)
On the way home from IF, Steve and I schemed how we could save the money to pay for such a vehicle. It got pretty silly as Steve started contemplating getting rid of his phone and promising to take P&J sandwiches to work everyday for lunch. I knew he was grasping for straws when he even considered giving up Diet Pepsi. Now...that is just going too far.
You see, Steve has a Land Cruiser fetish and having me drive one is part of his evil 10 year plan. He gets me thinking of this car....dreaming of this car...wanting this car, and then when we can (maybe in our dreams) in 10 years be able to afford this car...it would all seem like MY idea...and he comes off looking like the perfect husband who just got his wife what she wanted. But, HONESTLY...he's wanted to have one for YEARS now, and he just had to make it look my idea. He's sneaky that Steve. Cute and sneaky.
Saylor has her 2 year old check-up this next week. She turns 3 in 3 months.
I'm an awesome mom.
I can't wait for the lecture I'll most likely get from our pediatrician. Can you say I have too many children to keep on top of things? I should live in a shoe I tell you. (If you know of a shoe for cheap, let me know. I'd like to sell my home and buy a Land Cruiser.)
Andrew starts cross country this upcoming Monday night. He is excited and a little bit nervous.
I'm going to go watch him run around the track Monday night after paying for his registration fee and for what I'm sure are going to be super short running pants. I'm tempted to bring a big bag of potato chips or maybe a bulk sized bag of candy to munch on while I watch him suffer.
Once again, I am an awesome mom.
Steve took the boys camping again this weekend. They went to Nat-Su-Pa for the ward camp out. Saylor was "conveniently" too sick to join in on the camping and had to have her awesome mother stay home with her. I wasn't sad, because awesome moms are happy to stay home and sleep in their own beds. The sacrifice was rough, but I made it.
No comments:
Post a Comment