We spent yesterday mid-morning at Bass Lake with our friends the Wards.
We were grateful for their invitation-they are always so generous with us. We love being with them!
Bass Lake was wonderful. The weather was mild and beautiful, the fishing was great, and the beach was perfect for these two beauties...
even though Saylor doesn't look like she's having a good time, she LOVES time with her best friend Jada. Jada's name is constantly heard around our house lately, and before we made it to the lake, Saylor constantly talked about going to the LAKE WITH JADA!!! (I capitalize everything to emphasize the excitement level and volume Saylor would exclaim these words. She's a crack up.)
I'll call these two Bathing Beauties Set #1.
Why she can't smile is beyond me.
Could two boys be more handsome?
Don't think so.
Nicole and I are in a lot of trouble in a few years.
Colby was not shy, strapped on a life jacket and was the first to try out the slide.
He quickly realized the jacket was superfluous...the water was only waist deep. Way to be cautious. (He is mine for sure)
On the way down the canyon, Andrew shared a little of his negativism and assured Carter they wouldn't catch any fish. Carter caught this baby first cast. Take that Mr. Negativity!
His second cast he caught this guy.
(we wonder if it was the same hungry fish.)
Colby next enjoyed the playground equipment.
I'll call these two Bathing Beauties Set # 2.
Childhood at it's finest.
I'm so grateful Carter was in swim team this last summer. Without it he would have never been able to play in the deep water with the bigger boys. He's growing up and I'm very proud.
Really...does it get better than this?
No, it doesn't.
Colby was content to play in the shallow by the beach.
(can I say how much I love these swim trunks?)
It was a picturesque summer morning.
We love being with the Ward family, and spending time with them at a place like this feels like it's out of a movie. We can't wait to go again!
i'm trying not to be a little jealous. How fun! It is still beautiful over here, but not warm enough for swimming. Great pics Jill. They will make for fantastic memories some day.
ReplyDelete