To set the record straight, this past week has been a beast- a big hairy beast with horns, matted stinky hair, drool and fangs.
I was glad when Sunday rolled around pushed last week into oblivion.
Why so cranky you might ask...well I'll let you know.
My car has been in Mountain Home being "fixed" for the last month. The dealer there assured us all would be fine and that for some odd reason it takes 30 days to fix a transmission. They were full of apologies and excuses. So when they called Thursday morning letting me know my car was finally ready to pick up I danced with happiness. (literally, I danced.) I dropped all my plans, bribed my mom to drive me to Mountain Home, and happily packed up as many of my offspring that would fit in my mom's car and drove to Mountain Home.
The dealer, I'll call him Ty (because that is his name and calling him scumbag isn't very becoming), handed me my keys and told me he was happy to have his bay space open again. He then had the audacity to ask me to give him all "A's" on the evaluation form I would be getting in the mail from GM regarding the service I received at his shop. You bet Ty, whatever gets you off my back and gets me back my car.
My mom and I took the kids out to lunch at Wingers (gluten free menu) before heading home. The food was sub par and all I can say is stinky grilled chicken I wouldn't dare eat in fear of food poisoning.
We hit the freeway one nasty lunch later with mom following me...and I'm grateful she did.
Thirty minutes into the drive home, my car loses power while trying to pass a semi truck. WHAT??
The car regains power but won't shift into the proper gear so it's running at 5,000 rpms. Even I know that isn't good. I call Ty on my cell phone and he has the guts to tell me he doesn't know what would cause my problems or my engine light to go on. Uh...maybe you DIDN'T fix my transmission Ty! He then wanted me to have the car towed back to Mountain Home so he could see what was wrong. No Thank You!
My mom and I luckily were able to pull off at a rest stop and wait for a tow truck. And when I say wait, I mean shove the key into the gas tank cover and kiss the problem car goodbye. (I only cried once when the 2nd tow truck I called laughed at me when I suggested he could be there in 45 minutes. I had already waited with three kids for over an hour before the first tow truck called and canceled. Beautiful.) I secretly wished someone would steal my car and I could get a new one with the insurance money.
So...my car was towed to Twin and is waiting at another GM dealer to get fixed again. They told us it would be Wednesday before they could even look at it. I'm steamed and will NEVER buy an American made car as long as I live. I love this country, but we make junk for vehicles.
Steve and I spend Saturday driving cars to replace the Acadia, because as soon as it is in our possession (maybe another month?) we are selling the sucker. I'm disenchanted with the whole car...beautiful leather seats and all.

To appease my loving spouse, we drove a '07 Land Cruiser.
It was pretty and drove well, but smelled like an old lady. The Toyota salesman assured me it was the cleaner and not the previous owner. I don't trust that chubby man further than I could throw him. The lady who drove that car stunk it up with some cheap nasty supermarket perfume. A Walker nose never lies.
It was pretty and drove well, but smelled like an old lady. The Toyota salesman assured me it was the cleaner and not the previous owner. I don't trust that chubby man further than I could throw him. The lady who drove that car stunk it up with some cheap nasty supermarket perfume. A Walker nose never lies.
We also drove a Toyota van similar to the one we used to own. I wasn't thrilled. It was adequate but just that. Not fun at all.
We finally drove a newer Honda van and I surprisingly loved it.
If anyone knows of someone who wants to purchase my '08 GM with a possibly fixed transmission, please let me know. I'm ready to have a car that might make it to Mountain Home and back.
And Ty...you are getting a big fat F on your evaluation. If you can't fix a transmission in a month, you shouldn't be fixing cars at all.
In slightly happier words,
It has rained a few afternoons in the past week and the cooler temperatures that came with the rain have been heaven sent.
Saylor had to have her "poky-dot" jacket and her "rainin boots" to be outside.
This outfit of hers cracks me up. She is getting into dressing herself. I'm letting it go...but it is not easy.
Carter thought it was a little cold.
That face is classic Colby.
Need a closer look?
Yeah, it's good.
Lastly, Steve wanted pictures of our front porch to show the difference two months can make.
This was taken mid June.
The end of August.
My flowers went CRAZY this year.
And I'm not afraid to brag a little because it makes me feel better about my dead garden. No kidding, it's dead as a doornail and I could care less.
Please excuse my lack of make up, the fact my hair isn't done and my bat-wings. It's been a bad week.
(I'm looking forward to long sleeve shirts!)
*******
Tonight Saylor cried while in bed that she was scared. I think it was she didn't want to be in bed. I went into her room and sang with her to calm her down. As I was wiping her tears and singing to her, she told me she wanted me to play what she calls, "You say it - I say it." This is where I sing a song to her and stop at the end of every phrase and she fills in the last few words. It is her favorite thing to do when she goes to bed. I was singing "I Love to See the Temple" and came to the phrase, "The Temple is a ..." The phrase ends in "a house of God", but Saylor sang "A place for me." Oh, if she only realized the truth of her statement. Yes, Saylor you are right, the Temple is a place for you!
GREAT!! If you get a new car then I have too! Jason wont be thrilled! haha So sorry for all your problems what a bumb deal! I too love the Land Cruiser and the Sequoia's, but SOOOO far out of my price range! I miss your sweet family and wish I could've brought you a Sonic everday of your poopy week to hopefully brighten it a bit!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of that post was "a Walker nose never lies." Oh how true. I always make fun of Jonathan for being such a sniffer of things. sorry about the car trouble, sooo annoying! Good luck
ReplyDeleteFall cannot come soon enough for long sleeve shirts, let me tell you! And what an awful week! You deserve to drown your sorrows in the most heavily caloric non-gluten item you can find!! Hopefully a new car will brighten your days...whenever that may happen. So long Acadia and too bad for poor Ty's review. Good thing you get that final chance to state your opinion about the lovely Ty. :)
ReplyDelete