It happened- school started again.
I'm not sure where the summer went or when my kids got so big, but it happened.
These boys are growing up way too fast and getting more handsome by the minute.
I sent Andrew off to his second year of middle school. He is a big 7th grader this year.
He was excited about his classes, teachers and overall schedule. He is running cross country this year and oh how I wish I had his stamina. His first race is this Friday and I'm excited to see him run. I'll be taking the other kids out of school early this Friday to drive to Wood River for his race. He's taking honors math, English and science; along with social studies, computers and band. He's also still taking piano lessons. This kids is busy.
Carter started third grade this year and has Mrs. Sailors. She's pretty wonderful!
I've been in her class a lot the last two days and I think I'm going to love her. She is quickly learning the ropes of diabetes and is willing to grab the bull by both horns. The last few days I have been at the school three times a day in addition to dropping off and picking up...but I'm sure that will taper down as Mrs. Sailors learns how to help Carter. Carter is wonderful as ever and has come home excited about school. The first day's homework included putting three small items in a bag that described you. Carter chose a picture of a guitar, his first place swimming ribbon and a lego piece. What can I say, he is a fun kid! Carter is also taking piano still in addition to guitar and will swim again later this fall. I love keeping this boy active!
Colby is an official first grader this year!
(Those dark pools for eyes kill me every time!)
Colby has Mrs. Dickard this year and he likes talking about her extremely long hair. I have heard nothing but good things about Mrs. Dickard, and she had a reputation for being super nice and kind. I have the philosophy that I can yell at my own kids at home for free, so I'm grateful he has a teacher with patience and sweetness. It's been fun seeing Colby in the lunch room when I show up to help with Carter and I love that he seems happy and well adjusted. One of the lunch room helpers told me today that she laughed when she saw Colby surrounded with girls today. Why am I not surprised? This kid is a chick magnet.
Saylor, Saylor Saylor, why can't you smile?
She wasn't happy that "Her Boys" were leaving her at home. I am chopped liver compared to "Her Boys!" This is her first year home alone with me all day, and by all alone, I mean at the school all day eating lunch with her brothers and being inside their classes. She has also gone out to lunch with me the last two days. She has it pretty rough!
It's going to be a great school year...but if you see me twitching in a corner some day, just look away. I don't need my insanity acknowledged.
I love that your kids are wearing jackets and I so wish we were here! It's still in the 90's and i'm dying for some crisp cool mornings! I love Mrs. Sailors! She was so great with Samie and we really enjoyed every minute with her! Plus she's a BSU fan.....BONUS!! Cute Saylor! Miss her grumpy frowny face!
ReplyDeleteThe dedication of Carter's teachers amazes me. Teachers in general amaze me! Happy new school year!!
ReplyDelete