Our little family had our own rental house just down the street from the other two rental houses. I must admit I loved having a quiet place to go at night where my kids could go to sleep with no distractions. That part was heaven, even though we weren't able to hang out late with everybody else. But by 9:30, all my children were ready for sleep, even my oldest. We played hard during the day and growing bodies need their rest at night.
The second full day in McCall (Saturday) everyone met at the main house around 9:30...which by the time you get six families together it is really 10:30. It's vacation standard time. When we were all ready, we drove to a lookout point above Payette Lake.
I was able to take just a few pictures of this most beautiful spot...and then my camera battery died. Grrr.
Gary and Margie
Carter and Blake
Andrew
Steve, Grady and Grandma Dixon
(Grady's cool hair compliments of mosquito repellent. I found if I sprayed a little on my hand and rubbed it in his hair, it worked perfectly without the risk of getting in his eyes. Sadly, I can STILL smell it on him even though his hair has been washed multiple multiple times since we've been home.)
Colby
I have a love/hate relationship with this shirt. Love the boy, love that he loves his shirt, kind of hate that it is in almost all the pictures I took of him. I did laundry while in McCall and this shirt was worn multiple times even though he had a suitcase full of other clean shirts.
Saylor Girl
After visiting the lookout point, the Dixon extended family decided to go on a 2 mile hike. Hiking with 4 months old when I forgot our baby carrier are not a good mix. Add a three year old- and were talking pure torture. We decided to check out downtown McCall with our little family in place of the hike.
While we drove to downtown, I charged my battery in the car.
Can I just say how much a love having an outlet in my van??
The firefighters were having a "fill the boot" fundraiser and had this gigantic American flag displayed. I couldn't resist the picture.
The sailboats were beautiful.
My kids were tired and sweaty.
Those smiling were faking it.
Grady was the only true happy one. He could have cared less where he was.
More boats.
The bear statue.
Who could pass up getting a picture on a bear??
Not Colby!
We then cooled off a bit with some ice cream being sold in front of the ice skating rink.
I think the boys purposely got cookies and cream so I couldn't eat theirs. They are getting smart with this whole gluten thing!
(We promised ourselves that next time we go to McCall, we will actually ice skate.)
Saylor had mint chocolate chip.
She is still my buddy.
Steve and I shared the coconut...he ended up not liking it. His loss.
Your family is so handsome/cute! Again, I'm so sad we missed the reunion...looks like you had a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete