Saturday, August 3, 2013

Car Show and Fishing

After spending the afternoon in downtown McCall, we decided to attend a car show in nearby Riggins Idaho.  We saw a flier for the "Hot Summer Nights" car show and thought it would be worth the hour drive north.  My boys are all fans of a good car show.
Well...it might have been a mistake on our part because there were only about 15-20 cars displayed total.  Pretty disappointing.  Andrew was downright miffed.  We laughed it up and decided to have a good attitude about the $20 we threw away...oh I mean donated to the town of Riggins for our family to attend the tiny excuse for a car show. 
However, our good attitude open wound was doused in lemon juice when we got back to McCall and found out there was a HUGE corvette convention in McCall and we could have gone to that.  Bummer.
Lesson learned:  Don't attend car shows in Riggins Idaho even if the bathrooms at the local Chevron station are really clean...its still not worth it!

Carter loved this muscle car and took quite a few pictures of it.


Colby found a car our entire family would like to own.

The tear-drop trailer was actually pretty cool.

If I would let him...I think Steve would buy one and enjoy making breakfast!

It was hot and Saylor was grateful to have a strong grandpa to carry her around.

Cormac, Carter and Colby trying to stay cool in the shade.

I have no recollection of why I took this pictures.
Maybe I just like this kid's huge grin and teeth!

Steve wanted a picture of me with the Land Cruiser.  Silly Steve.

Carter took full advantage of showing off his muscles.
He's a ham...a ripped ham, but a ham none the less.

I think she secretly wishes she was a mermaid.
I tried to get Andrew to stand behind a few of these posters, but he respectfully declined.  And when I say respectfully, I really mean he scowled and walked away.  Must have been the heat making him crabby.

If a failed car show wasnt' enough fun for the day, the Dixon men threw in a bit more and took all the kids fishing later that night after dinner.
They caught a total of 13 fish that we grilled the next day after church for lunch.   Yum!






1 comment:

  1. i've been horrible and neglected my private blog friends. :( I'm so sorry. I wish there was a way to get an update when you update! SO, I saw you today and saw how big Saylor is and couldn't believe it. And Grady is the cutest little baby, I love his picture on the post below. I just love your blog- your pictures and your sense of humor.
    oh hey, do you use a cannon? and what lens? (can I ask that?!)

    ReplyDelete