Yesterday was full.
Steve took Carter to his good friend Collin's house where Carter participated in making a "parallel" of Jack Johnson's music video of Wanting Wishing Waiting. Collins family takes their video making very seriously, and Carter was prepped and expected to know his part. Steve was also put to work in the prop department. They had a great morning and Carter came home on cloud nine. It's fun to have cool friends who do way more exciting things than us!
Later in the afternoon we went to their house and watched the unveiling of the video. It's pretty adorable.
Here is a link to watch Collin, Andrew and Carter's video.
I think it is a precursor to fame for all three of them!
Here is a link to watch the original.
I think Collin's parents did an amazing job and we appreciate Carter being included in this awesome project!
While Steve and Carter were gone on morning, Saylor was impromptu invited to our neighbors house for a swim party and fun fest, Colby escaped any household responsibility and fled to a neighbor's house, Grady slept, and I worked on a talk that I was assigned to give in 6th ward on conversion to the Savior as part of my calling. (The talk is over and done...thank goodness!)
Later in the day, Steve and I ran errands returning random purchases that didn't work and spent another wad of money at Costco...on just food. Our kids are like vacuums when it comes to eating.
After dinner of sandwiches grilled on the panini press, Steve went to the office to work on a few unfinished projects and I stayed home and did what I do best...make cookies.
When Steve got home, I ran with a neighbor friend out to Kimberly to look at her gorgeous new home under constructing. Seeing her style being very similar to mine and my dream kitchen in the flesh...didn't really help my "lets build a new house" bug. Her huge 2 1/2 acre lot, however beautiful, helped the squash the bug though. I got chills just looking at all the work it would entail to lanscape. I'm thanking my lucky stars for our tiny lot today! (but I would kill for her mud/laundry room!)
Andrew, above all though, had the best day. My dad picked him up at 6:30 am, took him to breakfast and then hiking in the South Hills. They walked around Trout Creek...the same place my dad took me to sit in the car and roast (I mean arrowhead hunt) when I was a kid.
All joking aside, Andrew loves hiking with my dad and enjoyed his day immensely.
He even came home with a few pictures...
There is no disputing that we live in a beautiful area.
The crowing picture of his hike was this.
EW + PW
This is my grandparent's tree.
Elma Walker + Paul Walker
I'm not sure when it was carved, but my heart aches just looking at it.
...love that my dad found it and showed it to my son.
...love even more that Dad described a few trees in the same area that my siblings had carved their initials in with high school sweethearts. None of them ended up together is the funny thing.
...really love that Dad did NOT find the one tree that I carved when I was young. Steve's initials are not gracing that tree, nor do I think I could find it if I tried. Looks like Steve and I need to find a new tree and grace it's bark with
SD +JD
(Any tree-huggers out there that give me a hard time about carving initials being harmful to a tree...be prepared to get kicked in the knee cap. Just saying.)
That video is amazing!! I am impressed!
ReplyDelete