My sister JaNae has been in town this week.
Hurray!
I've spent most of my week at my mom's house spending time with both JaNae and my mom while the grand kids hang out and thrash my mom's house.
Good times.
JaNae and I thought we would shake things up a bit and take our oldest boys (Andrew and Walker) out Monday night late for some good Twin Falls fun...aka things we used to do as kids.
Yeah...they weren't impressed- the little bums.
First we took them to walk behind the water fall down by Centennial park.
You'd think we asked them to watch Barbie movies in front of their entire school student body all while wearing pink wigs and lipstick.
I practically had to strangle Andrew to get this picture.
The beauty of the Snake Rive Canyon was completely lost on these ungrateful boys.
Did we get a thank you from either of them ??
Nope. All JaNae got were blisters from touching stinging nettle.
We then took the boys out for frozen yogurt while waiting for it to get dark.
(No pictures there...I was stuffing my face with coconut and pineapple yogurt mixed.)
After our treat, we took the turds (yes, I just called my 13 year old a turd....he deserved it) to walk across the Perrine Bridge in the dark.
I still, to this day, think it's a fun thing to do. It's a scary dark view all the way to the river and the bridge shakes like crazy when a semi truck crosses.
I jumped out of my skin when one of the trucks honked its horn.
We also told the boys tales of the things we may or may not have thrown off the bridge in our day...and a few things Andrew's dad may or may not have thrown off too.
Once again, the boys were not impressed and acted bored out of their minds.
I jokingly write about this, but honestly, my heart was broken after my son wouldn't even try and have fun with his aunt and I. He acted way too cool to hang out (even in the dark where no one could see him) with his mom.
It's a good think I know this isn't normally how Andrew acts and that nine times out of ten he is a delight to be around...being 13 must have gone to his head.
Andrew, here's some advice for the future, being on my good side is a very good idea. Acting like a spoiled snot will get you no where. ...and by no where, I mean sitting at home on the weekend with a long list of chores. :)
My experience Monday night made me grateful for my little Grady on Tuesday. He had is four month check-up and immunizations. I appreciate how little he is and how I have 12 full years of him most likely thinking I'm not to bad to be around.
Here are his stats for four months.
Height: 25.2 inches
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz
Head Circ: 16.75 inches
The only % I remember is his head circ. He's in the 80th percentile. Awesome.
Andrew, here's some advice for the future, being on my good side is a very good idea. Acting like a spoiled snot will get you no where. ...and by no where, I mean sitting at home on the weekend with a long list of chores. :)
My experience Monday night made me grateful for my little Grady on Tuesday. He had is four month check-up and immunizations. I appreciate how little he is and how I have 12 full years of him most likely thinking I'm not to bad to be around.
Here are his stats for four months.
Height: 25.2 inches
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz
Head Circ: 16.75 inches
The only % I remember is his head circ. He's in the 80th percentile. Awesome.
a sack of flour and a bowling ball...the only two things I ever participated in a group throwing over the bridge! As for those boys, one day they will realize their loss! You a super cool mom and I would happily ditch my chores to do silly stuff with you. Haha! Also, Grady's head circumference can rival my children.more space for smart brains, right?
ReplyDelete