Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Day Before Today...because titling two posts Yesterday would be lame

The day before today was exhausting, yet productive.  It would have been more productive had I gotten out of bed on time, but that is another story. 
My hair went greasy, I was dressed like a homeless person, and my kids ran around unkempt and unloved looking.  Good times.

School is about to start (happiness all around) so my main project was getting school supplies put together.
I, with Saylor's "help" sharpened 72 pencils.  We burned out our sharpener motor last year so this year we gave our new one a break every so often.  
Carter and Colby's backpacks were filled and are now ready for the open house Thursday night.   Carter got a new backpack this year.  His old one had seen better days...such as K-3rd grade.  It was time. 

Here Colby is finishing an art project that he found in his backpack from...um...well...June.
No, I obviously didn't do a very good job of unpacking after the last day of school.
Oh well.

While I was working on backpacks, Carter was at an awesome Nerf gun birthday party for his friend Ben.
Boy Heaven!
We love our neighbors and the little boy mecca that our neighborhood is.

I also worked on laundry yesterday.  Grady helped with that.
It took all day, but I got "all" the laundry done AND put away.  Wonders never cease.


I also broke down and prepared Carter's diabetes kits for school.
I was putting it off until almost the last minute.  I met with Carter's teacher this morning and had to have this finished to hand off to her.

 Colby did a great job making sure the starbursts and other fast acting carbohydrates weren't poisoned.
He's really thoughtful that way.

The rest of the afternoon I was in the car.
Carter had guitar and Andrew had cross country.
After the many drop off and pick up sessions, Grady was fussy and mad he didn't get a real nap in his real bed.
No naps = fussy baby = tired mother.

 By the time Steve got home I was mentally done.
We had grilled sandwiches and other leftovers  for dinner.
It was an "eat what you want and don't bug me" kind of meal.
Carter tried a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich which comes highly recommended from my nephews.  Carter loved it.  We might have a new staple in our family.

Around 7pm we made an honest effort to have family home evening.  We made a goal as a family this year to talk about temples every week.  I really hope we can get keep it going and help instill a love of the temple with our children.  

We then threw the kids in the van and drove to get homemade Blizzard fixings.
It's a little know fact that Dairy Queen sells their soft serve ice cream by the quart for only a little over 4 dollars.  Cheap Cheap Cheap.
We picked up oreos and butterfingers and headed home.
There is something about ice cream that makes my day seem better...

along with skies that look like this.
Our street has some awesome sunsets.  

Totally unrelated to yesterday-
 Grady is sporting a new "more respectable" hair-do these days.
Not sure if I like this or the mohawk better.

I should label this the "picture of the month."
Carter had his eyes dilated Monday at by brother's office.  Diabetes can be a real killer to the tiny blood vessels in the eyes, so Jared always gives Carter the star treatment.
He got to wear these cool glasses for a few hours after we were home.  The glasses didn't keep him from chores...like cleaning the upstairs bathroom.
He was NOT happy with me for taking his picture.
Favorite part???...the wand sticking out of his pocket.  Love it!

1 comment: