Summer is marching on and I wonder if I'm losing my mind. It's been crazy hot and we've stayed inside purely for survival reasons. If we walk outside, we melt.
The only time it is habitable to walk outside is after 9 pm when it drops below 90 degrees.
Due to this insane heat, my kids are staying up way to late to enjoy the outdoors, my house is a mess because we are all inside together, and my kids are at each others throats because they are too tired and too sick of hearing me yell to clean up the house.
…is school going to start yet????
But onto the picture part of this post.
I finally finally have flowers thriving on the west side of my house.
I've lived here almost 6 years and this is the first time I kept west side flowers alive.
Petunias and day lilies are all that will grow.
Good think I like both of them.
Andrew stole my phone and took this picture of the sunset.
I'm glad he appreciates the beauty of Idaho sunsets too.
The bane of my summer is fixing kids' meals, especially lunch.
The kids think I need to be a restaurant and take orders. I think I need to be an orphanage and serve gruel. Chips and cheese are a good compromise sometimes.
Andrew brought up the sombreros as a festive joke. What ever gets us through one more summer lunch.
Eating in a big hat makes even cheese taste fancy.
And the little milk cartons make everything fun. They were left over from girls camp and I now know where to buy them…school lunches here we come! (I hope I can get chocolate.)
Isn't Andrew's face just dripping with enthusiasm?
(cough cough)
Also left over from girls camp was cream cheese…lots of it.
I will be baking more of these bad boys and then hopefully giving them away.
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE cheesecake. Its one of my favorites.
Grady has run a fever since Saturday. I took him in yesterday and he has a ear infection. He's grumpy and in pain as I would only expect him to be. His only saving grace is sleep- and lots of it.
I hope he feels better soon.
Carter is learning more and more diabetes skills.
The other day his pump ran out of insulin right when he wanted to eat lunch. One shot of two units was over in a blink of an eye. He's brave…and tough…and wonderful.
Yesterday Andrew had an ortho appointment at the same time Steve had a lunch break from work.
We dropped off Andrew and then picked up lunch. We then picnicked at Dr. Ward's office taking advantage of his bench and shade.
We love our orthodontist.
Grady, all dosed up on Motrin, enjoyed some waffle fries while still wearing his pjs.
Now you know why we didn't go into the restaurant. Some of my kids didn't even have shoes.
Our neighbors the Young's have a new litter of kittens.
Susan was kind enough to let my children enjoy her air conditioning and her kittens all afternoon yesterday.
I picked up my kids and found this.
Sure glad this cuteness doesn't belong to me. I don't like the kind of cuteness that sheds.
Moral of this hot crazy summer week?
If you don't want a picture of yourself in a tiara saved for all posterity, don't tease your sister by wearing hers.
Just saying.
Last but not least….I found these pictures on my phone that I had forgot about.
Long long ago, we Walker siblings painted our names in the shed at the log house at the end of Wildflower Lane.
Jo and I took pictures of our names when we visited the old house a few weeks ago.
Yep…I was there.
No comments:
Post a Comment