Saturday, July 5, 2014

The 4th of July and how we love when the entire nation celebrates Gary's birthday!

Our 4th celebrations were pretty calm.  We got stuff around the house done all morning and didn't stress much about anything.  It was my kind of holiday.
Gary's birthday celebration and dinner were at 5pm at Mike and Chenele's house.

Before we left I took an (almost) patriotic picture of my kids.
It's always been my dream to have my kids dressed alike and festive on the 4th. (It's corny I know)  I'm not sure how other mothers have accomplished this feat.  Four of my kids matched…kind of.  It was that oldest child who kicked against the pricks.  He "claimed" all his red, white or blue shirts were dirty or did not go with these blue shorts.  I told him I would call him out as the black sheep if he didn't comply.  
Hey Andrew…bahhhhhhhhh.

But match-match clothing aside, we had a wonderful time at the Dixon's home as always.  
Dinner was delicious and even more exciting was that Spencer and Eden made it to Twin Falls.  Spencer will be practicing orthodontics here and we are thrilled to have their family in town- THRILLED!
They have three darling little boys and I'm so wishing they beg to come and play at my house all the time.  

This 4th of July was made even more memorable as it was Gary's 70th birthday.
Happy Birthday Gary!  We love you more that we can describe and so appreciate your love and example for us and our children.

After dinner and cake we went outside to enjoy the daylight fireworks…mostly smoke bombs.

Yes, my 10 year old was allowed to light them.

And so was my 8 year old.  Eeek!

 Steve, Grady and Gary

Jacob, Spencer and Luke

 Smoke bombs are awesome!
And Yellow and Blue do indeed make Green!

I love catching genuine smiles on my kids.


Happiness is a daddy to play with.

Happiness is not loud fireworks!


Gary, Margie and Chenele

No really I meant what I wrote before- smoke bombs are awesome.

My kids had a grand time wallowing in them.

A grand time!

Then they started jumping in them for pictures sakes.



Saylor has a thing for her older girl cousins.
I'm so grateful for patient, wonderful, darling girls on both the Walker and Dixon side who indulge my daughter and her mauling type love.
(its adorable)



Once again, those genuine smiles are my favorite…expecially on teenage faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment