Saturday, November 15, 2014

Frozen Party Overload

I'm giving fair warning here.  If anyone out there doesn't want to see a billion pictures of little girls in dresses eating all kinds of sugar and presents galore…then look away.
This is a Frozen Party Overload post.

Saylor's 5th birthday party was this morning.
She wanted a Frozen party…of course she did.  What little girl on earth right now doesn't want a Frozen party?
Figuring that friend parties are few and far between, I decided to go a little crazy.  We had costumes, and decorations, and ice cream, and cookies, and party favors, and snowmen and balloons.  To put this not quite so delicately, a winter wonder land threw up in my house.

And Saylor loved it so much.  
She wore her new Elsa dress most of the day and was in Frozen heaven.


This is her "Let it Go" pose.

Not sure what this face was but it's pretty cute just the same.

Notice her hands.
She wanted me to be sure to get a picture of the little plastic broach on the dress with the picture of Elsa.  That is her favorite part of her princess dresses.  "That's how you know I'm Elsa!"

Yep!  She's five!  
(Or will be on Tuesday!)


Then Saylor tried out the twirling factor of her new dress. 
I think the dress performed to Saylor's satisfaction.

Having only one girl, I've never been able to bask in the pure giddiness that is a little girl in a flowey dress before Saylor.

I would be putting it lightly to say it makes my heart swell.
It's pretty much happiness spinning in gobs of material.  Heaven.

I'm grateful Saylor is all things feminine and dainty.  (ok…except for when she acts just like her brothers and burps on demand.  There is nothing dainty about that.)   

And then the party started.
The girls were asked to come in their favorite fairy tale costume.
We had three Elsa's (of course we did!), a Cinderella, a Snow White, a Snow Princess, a Pirate Princess, and a little girl who is epic enough to come in her regular clothes.   (I love that Laney girl!)

One game we played was Build a Snowman.
This was team 1.

My favorite picture of the party!

Snowman team 2.

Presents!



Ok…maybe this was my favorite picture of the party.
The light bounced off the toy packaging and illuminated the girls faces.  Pretty cute stuff.

We had decorated snowflake sugar cookies and hot chocolate with whipped cream.
It was a bit of a sugar overload!

Is it bad to say that Preslee has my favorite smile?  Because it is!

We then ate ice cream (snowballs) and sang Happy Birthday!

After the sugar gluttony, the girls ran downstairs to play in Saylor's room until their parents came to get them.
This is what was left over.
I think by the mess I can consider the party a huge success!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a fun party! The pictures of Saylor at the beginning are especially epic. :) Happy Birthday to you, Saylor!!

    ReplyDelete