Tuesday was my 38th birthday.
And for the first time in many years I did NOT cry on my birthday. Probably because I was stuffing my face the entire time and didn't have time to cry. (kind of not exaggerating here.)
My birthday was delicious. I think I will repeat the eating celebrations next year!
Steve got all the kids up early, they got ready for school, made their own lunches, and then brought me breakfast in bed from Chick-fil-A.
Loved the effort they all made so I could sleep in and wake up to grease and deliciousness!
But the gluttony wasn't just on my birthday. My friends planned a little celebration with some of my favorite treats for our RS presidency meeting the day before!
I'm so fortunate to call these women my dear friends.
Sorry Judy…you missed being in the picture.
To add even more empty delicious calories…my mom made my favorite chocolate bunt cake with cream cheese filling. She added three times the frosting so every bite would be amazing.
This cake of hers usually looks like it could be in a magazine…but for me she added all the goopy ugly frosting. I told her it complimented my wrinkles and sags perfectly.
This little buddy kept me company the entire day while the big kids were at school.
He even accompanied me to Prasia's so I could pick out my favorite Thai food dish of pineapple fried rice. (And I ate ALL the shrimp off the top without sharing just because I could.)
To top off the evening of food celebrations, my mom bought me a gluten free pizza and then we stuffed ourselves with cake and ice cream.
A little singing.
Love my kids!
For Grady, we re-lit the candles about four times. This boy loves his Happy Birthday song!
Thanks to all my family and friends for making my 38th the best (and most fattening) birthday yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment