Friday, September 11, 2015

I only ate jello


It's not necessarily the most important thing that happened this week, but it was the most emotionally consuming for me.   I may have even cried about it for a solid 20 minutes in my bed Monday night.  I have been putting it off for over a year, and finally finally I had a colonoscopy Wednesday morning.  
Because my poor sister had colon cancer at a very young age, each of my siblings is at higher risk for the same nasty disease.  Each of my siblings has been screened…and I was the last holdout.
I couldn't put it off any longer and I finally got my rear (no pun intended) in gear and made the appointment.
I think the anxiety over the prep was WAY worse than the actual reality and procedure.  I had been sweating bullets over this for weeks…no really...weeks.  If I could have run away to a foreign country to get out of the whole thing I think I would have.  Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I imagined.
I ate jello and drank clear liquids the day before.  Tuesday night I drank the most disgusting bitter stuff I have ever tasted that landed me in the bathroom for about 2 hours.  Wednesday morning, I drank another dose of the bitter awful and was in the bathroom until it was time to leave around 8:30 am.
Around 10:30 I was awakened from the best drug induced nap in the world and told that my screen was normal and cancer free.   Hurray for negative cancer screenings.
…I also read on my discharge sheet that my colon prep was "excellent".  I guess if I'm going to be excellent at something, why not this. (sarcasm sarcasm)   I also guess how a doctor told me once that I gave a damn good urine sample is something to be proud of too.  (I need to quit going to doctors I think.)
Ok Ok.  My colon is good…lets move on shall we?

 
Andrew is busy with school, running and swimming.  This picture is from his meet last Saturday in Soda Springs.
I'm still amazing how he is balancing everything with school and sports, but it's been eye opening to see how happy Andrew is.  This kid needs to be busy for his own mental health.

Instagram is keeping me updated with his social life.


It was homecoming this week and one of the dress up days at the high school was Rock and Roll.
 I painted his nails black, added a little eyeliner, he grabbed a wig from my parents house, and added some tight skinny jeans and a cool pair of cheap glasses to complete his look.

Hello Rocker Dude.

The nails creep me out.


Once again Instagram keeps me in the loop of his social life.
From left to right are some of Andrew's best friends.  Ashley, Andrew, Jade and Micheal.  I'm grateful for his great friends pictured and not pictured.  They are making high school great.

I had to include this picture snagged from the pick up route yesterday.
I'm still in shock that Saylor is in kindergarten.  Sniff Sniff.


Last weekend Steve set up the tents in my Dad's front yard for him and the kids to sleep in.
He has wanted to take them camping all summer but has never had a weekend that worked.
The kids were thrilled with the make shift camping evening.

We topped the camping trip with free tractor rides compliments of Carter who is DYING over the fact that he weighs enough to drive the mower.  I think he's counting the future mowing money in his head.

Steve's brother and nephews were over for a short visit and got in on the ride action.
Grady was less than thrilled.

Little Andrew wanted nothing to do with the tractor rides.
(Honestly…this is the cutest little boy ever.)

My son who kind of looks like an orphan.


Fun in the tent.

Whats harder than taking a picture of one two year old?  Yep, taking a picture of two of them!


Even I got in on the ride action.
Thanks Carter…I got over the motion sickness eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment