This beauty was sitting on our lot yesterday.
House building isn't official until you see the portable toilet on your lot.
I've never been so happy to see such a nasty thing.
The foundation digging (or whatever you call it) was finished last night. Steve and I couldn't believe how HUGE it looked, but we realize that the space dug is bigger to allow the footings to be poured.
But still…it was a sea of dirt.
The front of this picture is where our driveway and garage will be.
I'm standing in my future backyard looking toward the back of my house and my dining room will be center left.
It's been so exiting to walk around and imagine our future space.
Today I drove by the lot and was saddened but not surprised that nothing new was going on. I'm going to have to be patient. Oh. So. Patient.
But we are enjoying the wait until the house is finished.
Saylor insisted on snuggles with Grandma with the quilt Grandma made her.
Andrew outside sharing his haircut with a HUGE praying mantis. Is it bad I was secretly wishing it attacked his hand? It would have been funny to watch. ;)
Last for today…I upgraded my carpet just to get this exact color. It wasn't offered in any less expensive lines. (of course it wasnt.)
Its gray and I LOVE IT.
I'm trying not to die over the price, but I know everything else I have picked with flow better with this color.
(It looks like my dream of a new fridge just went to carpet.)
No comments:
Post a Comment