Saturday, September 19, 2015

Rupert Swim Meet

Megan and I took these four Yahoos to their high school swim meet in Rupert this morning.

Aidan, Andrew, Michael and Barrett.

And in case you wanted to know their last names… here they are.
(Andrew...so you know- me…is in charge of Canyon Ridge apparel this year and I'm pretty happy with how their stuff turned out.)


Sick of pictures Andrew??


Michael and Andrew picked out the team suits this year.  They are called War Bird.  It's pretty fitting as we are the River Hawks.
(Please forgive me for the bum pictures as I couldn't help myself.  Haha!)


 Andrew swam in the Medley relay (Breaststroke), the 200 Free, the 200 Free relay and the 100 Breaststroke.


This picture was from the 200 Free.
His goggles totally failed and filled up with water.  He had to stop, empty his goggles and keep swimming.  He was really frustrated and angry that he didn't get a good time for this race.
But I was proud of him for snapping out of his frustration and getting his head back into the meet.
His two relays were great and he pulled fast times for his splits.

I love the team support this year.  A large group of sophomores and freshman rallied around Michael to cheer him on in the 500 Free.  Andrew was holding the lane cards in the water so Michael could see what lap he was on.

Andrew on the blocks.

With a pretty start.

This was taken at the beginning of the 100 Breaststroke.
This is Andrew's favorite race that he missed going to state last year by one second.  
I was so nervous for him I could hardly watch and totally said a prayer that he would be happy with his time whatever it was.
After the race, Andrews coach while holding the timer, asked me what state qualifies time was.  I told him a 1:15.  He smiled and told me Andrew swam the race in 1:14.  He qualified for state at his FIRST MEET this year.  I tried to signal Andrew and tell him he made state, but he couldn't understand my waiving arms and shouts.  I watched him ask the lane timer what his time was and the smile that followed will go down as one of my all time parent moments.  It was priceless to see his joy!  I'm so happy Andrew's crazy hard work putting the time into two physically demanding sports is paying off for him.  Congratulations Andrew!  I can't wait to cheer you on at state!!!

After the meet we took the boys to eat Pizza with a bunch of the swimmers from the Kimberly team.
They were happier than this picture shows!

Megan caught this picture.
Love this kid…and his photo-bombing friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment