Saturday, September 19, 2015

Stem Walls

As of today we have stem walls.  They have been plastered with water proof coating (black stinky stuff) and the vents have been added.

This picture is from yesterday when the forms were still on and the cement still wet.
I've always wanted to write our names in the concrete of our home and I was ecstatic that I arrived just at the right time!

 
Steve and I walked around the house and put our initials in different places.
J + D is by our front door.
DIXON is next to our fireplace.
SD + JW is below where our bedroom will be. 

 I also added our kids names below their bedrooms.  




We are really excited about this house and I can't wait to make new memories here.

Tonight as I drove by and walked around the walls, all my names and initials were gone as the concrete looks like it was sanded down.  Bummer…but at least I know what was there.  
(And you better believe I am writing all over those framed walls!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment