Saturday, July 31, 2010

The List

Tonight I made up a shopping list for Steve.  It mostly had items on it to make homemade ice cream.  Oh yeah...I'm getting really good at making ice cream.  Our newest flavor, which turned out amazing tonight is lemon cream.  But I digress...the shopping list.  Steve was reading it back to me and it went a little like this:

-whipping cream-
-milk-
-lemon cookies-
-oreos (for the oreo ice cream tomorrow)-

Colby then chimed in and told Steve that he needed some chocolate chips.  Steve grabbed a pen and added it to the list. 
"You're buying him chocolate chips, just like that?" I asked.

"Well...its on the list!"

I grabbed the list and added a few things to it.  The list now read:

-whipping cream-
-milk-
-lemon cookies-
-oreos-
-chocolate chips-

-new table-
-weekend alone with Steve with no children-


Steve read my additions and then wrote in his own:

-new truck with boat-


I finished the list with this:

-vasectomy-




...Steve left after I added that.

6 comments:

  1. I am dying. You two are hilarious. When he calls the Urologist on Monday have him make an appointment for two. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha lol!! so funny! i laughed the whole way through it and read it aloud to Jason as we are driving back home! Sure miss you guys and cant wait to see your new table and hear all about your private weekend with steve since I know steve is such a great guy he will get you everything and anything you want!! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, I have been trying to find a friend with a boat . . . Susan said no, looks like I need to work on you instead. And I definitely want to try the lemon cream ice cream, sounds divine! We need to let the boys all have a boys vasectomy weekend. They can all get it done Friday, and watch movies and share frozen peas all weekend. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Megan... we need to send the guys for a vasectomy weekend. you kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously though...you are hilarious!!! Love this post and the atomic wedgie of Andrew and just so you know.....I'm not sure i would have cleaned my mom's house either :) I love that you are the mean stepsister!!! wouldn't have it any other way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to read your blog out loud to Brian now - it's seriously good bonding time! The ice cream sounds fabulous. Your watering the garden and refusing to clean house was classic. I'm glad you know your limits. I need a cleaning lady.

    ReplyDelete