Sunday, October 24, 2010

Good Sunday

It was one of those sweet Sundays.
We made it to church on time.
I got a two hour nap.
There was practically no fighting between the boys.

It was heaven on earth.

My little girl had her first experience with a curling iron today.
Those of you gasping...don't worry, it was brush curling iron.
(JaNae...wink wink...you know I love you!)
You can't see it in the picture, but her hair was curled in the back and adorable.
She doesn't know it, but Saylor just graduated to a new level of high maintenance.

Sunday dinner at it's finest- stuffed baked potatoes and vegetables.
Yes...Colby is eating bread, butter and cheese.  We decided to have a peaceful dinner and not care if he didn't eat what the rest of were eating.  I'm giving up on the food battle.  Hopefully he will not just be eating bread and cheese when he a grown up.
(Please note Saylor grabbing the butter bowl in the background.  There were Saylor prints left in the butter.)


Pies.
Somewhere deep in my soul has been eating me alive over my lack of pie making skills.
It's as if I can't be a complete woman if I can't make pies.
...at least not a Walker woman.

I had pie lessons from my mother a few weeks ago.
They were really good lessons.
She is the master.


These apple pies are not perfect by any means, but leaps and bounds from what I have made in the past.
Just the fact that I didn't end up in tears and throw a crust across the kitchen is a vast improvement.


I told Steve today that he should expect a lot of pies in the next month.
I'm going to perfect this skill if it KILLS ME...that or until I gain twenty pounds from the dang pie.


2 comments:

  1. What a great Sunday!! Yeah! I loved Saylor's hair! I could totally tell it was curled with extreme heat and has damaged it forever! ha ha lol just kidding!! The pies....FANTASTIC! Im open for being a taste dummy if you ever need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned pie baking skills from my mother too just this last month and I made my first pumpkin pie. And it was GOOD! Okay, maybe it wasn't as pretty as my mom's pies but it's a start. Next week we're working on the double crust. Deep breath...here we go!

    (And PS - aren't little girls the best?!?!)

    ReplyDelete