Today I am a bad mother.
I put my own selfish needs over the betterment of my child.
But let me preface this with the fact that I have a whopper of a cold.
It started early last week and took my voice for three days. It has since moved into my sinus cavity and is reeking havoc on my nose and throat.
I feel crappy.
I look crappy.
I'm coughing up crappy.
This morning, Carter came into my room and with the best "I'm sick" faker face he could muster.
He does have a cold and doesn't feel great, but he's not sick enough to stay home from school.
He told me his throat hurts.
I told him he could stay home from school
As far as I'm concerned, he is staying home because I am too worn out to do the "diabetes routine be at the school three time today" thing.
I'm staying in my pj's and making cookies...or a cake. It IS Steve's birthday today.
Carter is downstairs watching cartoons with the biggest smile on his face EVER.
He even tries to hide his face with his hands when I look at him because his jubilation is overpowering his fake cough.
I made Andrew go to school today.
He feels worse than Carter for sure.
...but fifth grade absences are much harder to make up than first grade ones.
Steve bribed Andrew by putting brown sugar frosting cake in his lunch.
(The kind of cake I won't touch but I made for Steve yesterday because I love him. I will make a chocolate kind for the rest of us tonight.)
thanks for putting a smile on my face. not because I'm happy you are sick, but because I am not the only lazy mother that gives in to her children! :-) feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteoh man....if only you had a super nice neighbor that was a fantastic cook like you, but you dont so all i can offer is sympathy and time away from your kids...sick or not! I would love to have them! Oh by the way Happy Birthday to Steve!!
ReplyDelete