She isn't old enough to fully understand that tantrums are not attractive.
But really...is that an excuse?
This doosy of a fit was thrown last night when Steve took her out of the Land Cruiser after her nightly ride. He came inside and told me that Saylor was banned from bumpy truck rides due to her 18 month old bad ungrateful attitude. She crossed her arms and hollered like a wounded bear when Steve went to take her out of the truck. Little ungrateful snip.
Unfortunately, her fits are not confined to daddy daughter truck rides and her bad attitude is growing like an indigenous weed. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
She wakes up howling, howls during breakfast, howls in the car, howls at lunch time...nap time...dinner time and all the times in between. I'm embarrassed to say that most mornings I would love to put her back in bed after being with her for ten minutes.
She has just popped two molars and her gums top and bottom are swollen. She has also developed a bad case of eczema on her legs and back. I really can't blame her. If I was her I would be howling too.
The Tylenol has and will be brought out regularly and because of a lovely sister in law, I'm learning how to treat her skin.
I'm praying for a little reprieve for and from my grouchy-pants daughter.
This child however, is not grouchy...just full of imagination.
The Tron Lego creations go on and on around here. After I took these pictures Andrew asked pleadingly if they were going to end up on the blog. Who am I to disappoint a handsome ten year old?
For those who couldn't tell, this is a paper and Lego recreation of the grid- complete with multi levels.
Once again, I was impressed with his sweet skills.
Please don't miss the tiny light bike replicas.
And this? I'm not sure what it is, but it is Tron like and made of Legos.
And Andrew was proud of it. Enough said.
What am I proud of? My finished bathroom.
It has been done for a while now, but I never posted pictures of the finished product. Here it is. It's fabulous and both my sisters tell me they have bathroom envy. I do too actually. If only I had storage space like this in my bathroom.
It is sweet that Andrew wanted that to end up on the blog. Moments we're proud of end up on the blog so that's how he knows :) Okay, moments we're not proud of end up on the blog too aka Saylor's tantrums. I understand the attitude - we're fighting that too minus the eczema. Ah, the joys of learning to work with an independent-going-on-two-little-girl! Good thing she's cute. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm curious to know what your sis-in-law suggested for the eczema ... always looking for ideas. I'm sorry about Saylor - girls! ;) Love the bathroom, love it.
ReplyDelete