Steve and Say share a special bond.
It's the father daughter bond.
And it's endearing to watch.
I will never have this kind of bond with Saylor because, well, I'm her mother and I am chopped liver.
Daddy rules around here.
Whenever Saylor hears the garage open or the sound of the Land Cruiser, she drops everything, runs (waddles) to the garage door and yells excitedly "Da Da Da!!"
She has a way of getting whatever she wants out of Steve, all by looking him in the eyes and whining..."ehh ehh ehh."
He's in so much trouble.
Yesterday night after her tub, Saylor was pretty upset and I could hear serious complaining coming from the bathroom. A few minutes after her mini-tantrum, Steve came out holding her dressed like this.
Her robe and a towel on her head is what she wanted.
How he figured this out is only known in that secret world of fathers and the little girls that have them wrapped around their fingers.
She is hilarious.
A genuine "I am pampered and I know it" smile.
Steve is in love with this little girl.
Yep...pampered.
(And when was the last time I had my hair brushed?????)
And here she is pouring out her heart and soul to her father who is actually listening to her.
(every woman's dream by the way)
I'm guessing she is complaining about the green hand-me-down pajamas she is being forced to wear by her evil chopped liver of a mother.
"Seriously Dad! I am a princess and princesses don't wear green pj's with puppies on them!"
And for the record, Saylor is getting WAY more dates with this man than I am.
She insists (and is indulged) on Land Cruiser rides with Daddy daily.
I don't know whether to be jealous or just happy he is getting the princess out of my hair for a few minutes.
Steve you are a wonderful father to this little girl.
I am so grateful to have both of you!
I am so grateful to have both of you!
So adorable! The kids brush my hair in exchange for staying up later! Try it! Say Say is so cute! I love it! When the kids come home from school Dylan thinks it's Jason and yells Da Da? And when he see's its the kids he puts out his pouty lip.....so sad!
ReplyDelete