We had a huge thunderstorm this afternoon.
The rain filled the gutters and had water pouring down my drain chain by the gallon-I swear.
It was the kind of storm that reminded me of Virginia.
(Without the worry of the dam breaking up the road and having to evacuate to the neighborhood high school gym. There are advantages to living in Idaho.)
The boys thought their afternoon of outdoor play was ruined, until Dad got home.
Steve insisted the boys get outside and play in the rain.
They didn't have a choice according to him.
This was something he did as a child and wanted his boys to have the same fun memory.
I am married to a lemonade maker.
"If life gives you lemons...blah blah blah."
I, on the other hand, am the kind of person who just wallows in her big pile of useless lemons.
Lemonade would just use up too much of my food storage sugar.
I'm grateful my children have at least one parent who isn't annoyed by the extra batch of sopping wet laundry left to dry in the garage or the grass and muck left at the bottom of the freshly scrubbed bathtubs. (And by freshly...I mean scrubbed right before these pictures were taken.)
Here's to lemonade makers.
This looks like so much fun! (For them, not for their laundry-doing-bathroom-cleaning mother.) Nonetheless, I'm glad Steve made them get out and play. You got some great pictures!!
ReplyDelete