Saturday, August 4, 2012

Andrew Turned Twelve on the 1st

My oldest son turned 12 earlier this week.
We celebrated quietly without a lot of fan fair. 

 But, the celebration started early in the morning and it involved $$$$ from both sets of grandparents...

lots of $$$$$$, so the boy was happy.

We also completely surprised him with a Ninjago Lego set.
He thought his bike was his only gift, but we tricked him.  The smile on his face when he opened his present was priceless.  
(Can I admit that I think it is fun beyond all reason that my 12 year old is still happy with Legos?)

Steve also surprised him with donuts for breakfast.
(Is that a donut or a Buick?)

Everyone was thrilled with that!

 For lunch, we told Andrew he could chose anywhere (within reason) he wanted.  
He chose Dairy Queen.  (Dairy Queen?  Really?)  Apparently he thinks the hamburgers there are the greatest.

 Carter agrees.

 Saylor was more fond of the ice cream.

 Andrew asked for a simple cake with chocolate frosting.  I made it four layers with alternating chocolate and fun-fetti.   Steve found the Lego candles.  I thought they were perfect.

 Everyone was happy for Andrew...but Saylor.  

Happy 12th Birthday Andrew!
We love you to pieces...even enough to lose our minds and let you have a huge group of 11 and 12 year old boys at our house next week for a late night party. 
 (We must be crazy.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Andrew!! You're such a great and fun kid and we sure miss you!!

    ReplyDelete