It snowed today.
Blech.
It wasn't enough to stick to the ground, but what fell from the sky was white and cold.
Double Blech.
It's April 16 and I'm missing warm weather.
In fact, I'm missing some of the weather we experienced in Richmond.
And, along with that weather, I'm missing some of the places we used to visit when the weather was nice.
The best place ever when it was toasty outside were the fountains at Stony Point.
In the middle of a fancy-shmancy mall was the end-all-beat-all spot for cooling off in the hot summer. Sadly, I don't have many pictures of the many times we would go, so this darling one of Carter that my cute Virginia neighbor took will have to do.
The boys would play in the water for an hour or so, and then we would head home for lunch and to sit on our air conditioning vents.
(Virginia heat is mean.)
However, in the spring and fall, when the weather in Virginia was PERFECT, we would spend hours outside at a few favorite places.
The best was the Botanical Gardens. The last year we lived in Richmond we bought a season pass and would often spend our evenings there as a family.
We loved everything about it!
We loved the flowers...
We loved the climbing trees...
We loved the huge tree house with the great views...
We loved the tunnels...
We loved the sandbox...
We even loved the crazy monkey statues...
Most of all though, I think the kids liked the snack bar!
We loved this beautiful place so much we even had our family pictures taken there.
So many memories!
The boys still talk about our outings to the Botanical Gardens. If we ever make it back to Richmond, I think we will have to visit!
The last place that we would visit when the weather was beautiful was Maymont Park (mostly because this place was free free free!)
These pictures are from when my brother Jon and his wife Caprice came and visited!
Maymont was huge and I know we never saw the entire park. Our kids would get tired after walking around the petting zoo and we would usually head home.
I miss having places like the fountains, the botanical gardens and Maymont to visit with my kids. There aren't many places close to Twin like these.
...there isn't a Krispy Kreme here either.
Man, sometimes we REALLY miss Richmond!

such cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteso... you have always been skinny?
Thanks a billion for posting that pic of us (insert sarcasm here). No really, I love it when I'm cool enough to make it onto your blog! Love you guys
ReplyDelete