Monday, April 29, 2013

self portraits

 I found this picture on my phone Thursday night.
Colby had swiped it and tried some self photography with his birthday presents.
He did a pretty good job...good enough to make me laugh.

 This one is pretty awesome too.
I wonder who got the piece of cake with the eyebrow print. 
Classic Colby.
Self Photography is where it's at apparently.
...but Colby is better at it than me.

 I tried it at Macy's Saturday.
Sent this picture to my sister Jolyn.  "Hey Jolyn what do you think of this skirt???"
It's the best I can do when I don't have her there in the dressing room with me.  Can I say how excited I am for her to move closer to me in hopefully just a few years.

 I tried again last night with Grady.
I have practically no pictures of him and I together.  Partly because I'm the family picture taker and partly because...I'm 5 weeks post partum.  Who wants a picture of that?
But Grady is cute and little and I want at least a few shots of him and me. (or I...I can never remember proper English.  Once again I'm 5 weeks post partum.  Give me grammar break.)


 I discovered really quick that I'm not very good at self photography.

So I stopped taking pictures of us together and took pictures of just Grady instead.
Much better.


Other than documenting Grady's adorableness we had a good Sunday.
Steve had meetings at 9 and then again at 10:30 am.  That left me home alone with five kids and getting them ready for church by myself.  I was SO happy when Steve showed up at 12:30 and could help wrangle the monkeys.
We made it to church on time which is good because Andrew gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting.  His talk was on faith in God, and he did a fantastic job.  My favorite part was when he bore his testimony.  I had a hard time fighting back tears.  I'm proud of my oldest son.

Half way through the meeting Carter's pump alarmed with a low battery warning.   Steve took him home to change the battery and because he wasn't there to take me home...I stayed the full three hours.  Honestly, I wasn't planning on doing this with Grady for at least a few more weeks.   I'm probably giving the impression that I'm up to being back in my normal routine...which I'm not.  Mostly because sitting through Sacrament meeting with Saylor is HARD even without a newborn.  She clamors for attention from both Steve and I and this week her clamoring of choice was licking our arms.  I wanted to throttle her.  I came pretty close to sending her to her primary teachers early.  They are a cute newlywed couple who still think three year olds are cute...and not obnoxious like their own parents do.
After church while walking out to the car, Saylor's teachers stopped me and confessed how much they love having her in their class and how funny they think she is.  Saylor told them in class that she is VERY afraid of 1. tractors and 2. Orkas.  Orkas????  I didn't even know she knew what an orka was let alone know to be afraid of it.  
Saylor when she is not driving me up the wall is hysterical.
I really do love her...even though I don't enjoy a good arm licking.


2 comments:

  1. Um, how good do you look already...very good!!! And I can't get enough of that little Grady...what a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - you look smokin'! Much better than me and I am five MONTHS postpartum. I would hate you if I didn't like you so much. :)

    As for Saylor, that cracks me up! She sounds just like Lucy. They both must be three. Three, I must confess, is not my favorite age. I hope three year old boys are less sassy than three year old girls. Sometimes I see my own little attitude right there in a three year old body. Ay-yi-yi.

    Maybe I will stop at two kids.

    ReplyDelete