Somebody really adorable and cute turned seven on Thursday!
Oh who could it be???
It was COLBY!
Happy Birthday my little man...aka middle child...aka Colbsters...aka the most compact fun anyone could ever find.
Steve and I LOVE this boy!
We didn't plan anything big for his birthday...yet.
Colby gets a cousin-day-out next Saturday with Wes and AJ, so we kept it pretty simple on Thursday.
We had Grandma and Grandpa Dixon over for dinner and cake. Colby chose "juicy meat" otherwise know as steak, potatoes, and green beans. He wanted lemonade too. (crystal light was a good fill in)
He also requested a striped cake. He wanted the frosting striped too...but I'm not that cool. I did think six alternating chocolate and vanilla layers wasnt' too shabby though.
He he is praying for good presents.
He must be a religious kid...because Grandma Walker and Grandma Dixon came through with cold hard cash. $80 to be exact. The kid is loaded. He already has the truck at Toytown picked out. (We're going to let the money burn in his pocket a little longer in case he changes his mind.)
...now what could be in this next present from Mom and Dad?
Smooths!!!!
(For the non-Dixon people out there, this means athletic pants. My nemesis. All three boys were flabbergasted with the fact that I bought these hideous things. Colby, I must really love you. He has worn them twice already...but not to school. I haven't softened that much.)
His larger present was a big kid RC car like Andrew and Carter have. He was in heaven and wouldn't even look up for a picture.
Grandma Dixon got her baby fix.
Saylor make sure Grandpa Dixon didn't get bored.
We then broke out the cake.
But wait? There are way more candles than 7 on that cake!
Steve and I slipped 7 trick candles on the cake when Colby wasn't looking. They were powerful things...and melted a few of the wimpy candles. The flames were a little out of control!
Here he is thinking he got the job done...
Wait a minute???
What kind of a joke is this???
Luckily, Colby is a fun one and embraced the forever flames.
Happy Birthday Colby Colbs.
I think its wonderful to have you turn seven!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment