The first day of school was yesterday and it went off without a hitch. All the kids were up around six, dressed, rooms clean, beds made, music practiced and ready for scriptures by 6:45. (we won't talk about what happened today...lets just say it wasn't quite as pleasant)
We were ready for first day pictures around 7:30. It was a blooming miracle figuring we haven't been getting out of bed until 9 for the last two weeks. (shhh...Steve doesn't know that we've been lazy sacks of you know what after he's left at 7:30 am every morning to slave for us mooching wretches. Ok, maybe he does.)
Saylor couldn't be left out of the picture...her or her stuffed monkey.
Carter...quit giving Colby bunny ears or I'm going to ask him to kiss you!
Too late.
There's a lot of love around this house I guess.
Carter is going into 4th grade with Mrs. Vining as his teacher.
He had mixed feelings about being in the portables this year until he realized the portables have actual air conditioning vs a swamp cooler in the big building.
The portables are now A-O-K.
(While we're on this pictures, lets just chat about this kid's smile shall we? Carter's teeth grew in like this...perfect. I NEVER had teeth like this and either did his dad. I am in love with the fact that when Carter smiles I can see his molars! This smile will break hearts one day...if it's not already doing it.)
Oh yes...and it would be wrong of me to not mention that I'm NOT going into the school unless there is a diabetic emergency. Carter is taking care of things himself this year with the help of his trusty IPhone. Can you hear the hallelujah chorus in the background?
Colby is going into 2nd grade this year with Mrs. Snow as his teacher.
He came home excited and boisterous yesterday afternoon (until he had to go to violin lessons). "My teacher plays the ukulele!" I think he's going to have a fun year!
Hopefully he won't give his teacher this face...
or this one either.
That's the one Colby! Charm her with that one. It works on me every time!
Sorry Saylor, this one however, doesn't work on me.
Andrew started 8th grade and I couldn't believe how much bigger he looked than many of the kids walking into Stuart as I dropped him off.
I guess that comes with the territory of being the oldest grade in the school.
He wouldn't smile and show his braces for me to save his life...
so I fought back by getting closer...
and closer.
One day I'll catch a smile with his tinsel mouth!
Andrew came home tired and starving after school and a long cross country practice. He ate four muffins and two eggs along with a bunch of cookies. Fruit? Vegetables? Maybe next time.
He was happy with his schedule and teachers. I'm hoping he loves his last year of middle school.
My school boys.
Typical for my kids.
Saylor: not paying attention
Colby: being squirlley
Carter: quiet defiance
Andrew: taking himself out of the situation before I embarrass him even more
No comments:
Post a Comment