Tuesday, September 10, 2013

tears

Tears were shed today when I went into Carter's school to change and infusion set that had come off during recess.  He was mortified that I wouldn't take him home, but insisted on changing the set in a locked bathroom where nobody would be able to see.  I felt horrible.

Tears were shed by him again tonight when he realized he had forgotten his bolus after dinner of 66 carbs and therefore had a blood sugar of 442 at 7:30.

I might shed tears when I have to do the walk of shame when Carter's A1C comes back higher than usual at his appointment this Thursday.  I feel like his numbers have been creeping up higher and higher lately and I'm struggling to keep them down.

I'm trying to keep my chip up and remember that I can only worry about one day at a time with diabetes.  One frustrating day at a time.

...the non-frustrating days I don't worry about.

Life will go on and we will survive.  Perspective is everything.  So his A1C is crappy this time?  I spent an hour reading a blog last night about an 8 year old with reoccurring leukemia.  I'll take our crappy A1C any day.   We will try harder and be more aggressive with his insulin dosing.

...one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment